The TV Thread

3 hours ago, hw88 said:

Makes me weep for the future. What an entitled, weak-willed, spineless bunch of losers they all are. It's just a game yet they wail and cry as if life depended on it. Not one of them have a grasp on reality.

And another thing, why do so few of them have proper jobs? Magician, actor, fund raiser, presenter, FFS! Did the advert for contestants say that only weirdos may apply?

There was the one in tears after he found out that the girl he had fallen for already had a boyfriend. He had only known her for four days😂. It is interesting how easily a herd mentality is created though when it comes to voting people out.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Rover said:

There was the one in tears after he found out that the girl he had fallen for already had a boyfriend. He had only known her for four days😂. It is interesting how easily a herd mentality is created though when it comes to voting people out.

Yes I saw that. At least half-a-dozen of them must have been in tears at one point or another. The younger ones in particular are a bit mamby-pamby - and the old drama-Queen too. They remind me of the Flanders' kids on The Simpsons.

4 hours ago, hw88 said:

Makes me weep for the future. What an entitled, weak-willed, spineless bunch of losers they all are. It's just a game yet they wail and cry as if life depended on it. Not one of them have a grasp on reality.

I am embarrassed to say I am watching this as well, it's car crash tv. . I never watch reality tv, and came across this by accident.  I had to laugh when one of the players described a group as made up of the alpha males and macho men - this was just before two of them burst into tears after being suspected as 'traitors', and the third ran out of the room after suffering a case of 'the vapours'.  There's a few strong women in there, but not a great advert for the great British male.

• Like 1

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

5 hours ago, hw88 said:

Yes I saw that. At least half-a-dozen of them must have been in tears at one point or another. The younger ones in particular are a bit mamby-pamby - and the old drama-Queen too. They remind me of the Flanders' kids on The Simpsons.

The drama queen who had a go for someone for leaving the room in tears the previous night before doing the same thing himself.

I think Amanda might end up winning.

8 hours ago, Liverpool Rover said:

The drama queen who had a go for someone for leaving the room in tears the previous night before doing the same thing himself.

I think Amanda might end up winning.

I think you might be right. She appears to be the most savvy and ruthless. Interestingly she is one of the few with a proper job - an estate agent. She will be used to telling people that black is white!

It was the Portrait Artist of the Year finale on Sky Arts last night. The winning artist had won a commission to paint Lenny Henry for the National Gallery.

Unless I'm going blind (as well as deaf😐) it  looked unfinished and not much of a likeness.

I notice that Sky hasn't printed a copy of it on the website today.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

10 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Couldn`t have put it better Moose  , He does my head in , He`s bounced around football , snooker etc......forcing me to mute him ,get him off , ........that is an option though Moose mute him .

Good shout Ivan, one of the few shows where sound isn’t required.

6 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

It was the Portrait Artist of the Year finale on Sky Arts last night. The winning artist had won a commission to paint Lenny Henry for the National Gallery.

Unless I'm going blind (as well as deaf😐) it  looked unfinished and not much of a likeness.

I notice that Sky hasn't printed a copy of it on the website today.

None of her previous efforts looked like the sitter either. Not watched the last episode yet.

13 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Couldn`t have put it better Moose  , He does my head in , He`s bounced around football , snooker etc......forcing me to mute him ,get him off , ........that is an option though Moose mute him .

He was awful on snooker. Luckily with snooker coverage you don't get much build up to a match and they tend to start just minutes after the programme does so I used to mute him for the first few minutes. 

Can't watch Coronation Street anymore. Most importantly, poor actors and re-re-recycled storylines - again (how many conmen diddling old ladies out of their houses can one street have?)

Also, why are they having a prominent story about far right activists, who have miniscule support and always have and in total could probably fill a phone booth, yet completely ignore things like the kids grooming scandal that happened literally on its doorstep?

If they want to go political (and they clearly do) they can't just ignore reality. Off it goes. 

51 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

Can't watch Coronation Street anymore. Most importantly, poor actors and re-re-recycled storylines - again (how many conmen diddling old ladies out of their houses can one street have?)

I used to wonder about that village, Midsomer. How could such a small town have the World's highest homicide rate? Was it lead in the water supply or something? More to the point, why did anyone keep living there?

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

I used to wonder about that village, Midsomer. How could such a small town have the World's highest homicide rate? Was it lead in the water supply or something? More to the point, why did anyone keep living there?

Literally all I ever thought whenever that show was on. 🤔