The TV Thread

2 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I just got the complete collection of Twin Peaks boxset in a charity shop for 50p. Possibly the best charity shop purchase of my life. 

now you just need to find a Betamax video recorder to play them on

• Haha 2

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

I haven't watched a lot of TV over Christmas, but am enjoying 'Stonehouse' on ITV.

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Go along with that Goose  and don`t forget re-runs of Early Doors start on BBC4 this Saturday .

al stay on mi own 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Just as well because theres talk of temporary traffic lights running down Piper Street from McVities through Birdhall Lane .

do you like circuses? 

Yikes - I'm watching Judge John Deed and am absolutely mesmerised! I remember it being contrived and badly-acted nonsense, but not to this extent. Ham and cheese on (not very) wry, hold the disbelief.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Go along with that Goose  and don`t forget re-runs of Early Doors start on BBC4 this Saturday .

Excellent news

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

On 03/01/2023 at 22:04, Futtocks said:

I haven't watched a lot of TV over Christmas, but am enjoying 'Stonehouse' on ITV.

Very good, and followed by a straight documentary on the subject this evening, just to make sure people know the weirdest bits of the drama weren't dramatic licence.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

17 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I'd forgotten how powerful that last episode of Derry Girls is. Fabulous. 

Strange how people percieve things differently. I found it somewhat maudling, over-hyped and rather unfunny. Easily the worst of all the episodes I've watched.

Used to be a fan of Silent Witness but this weeks episode had more holes in it than a tennis racket , major crime sorted out by a few people in the Lyall but hardly a sign of needing Police help anywhere  . On this evidence no need for a Police force , all crimes can be sorted out by the forensic Team , including the actual arrests it seems .

2 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Used to be a fan of Silent Witness but this weeks episode had more holes in it than a tennis racket , major crime sorted out by a few people in the Lyall but hardly a sign of needing Police help anywhere  . On this evidence no need for a Police force , all crimes can be sorted out by the forensic Team , including the actual arrests it seems .

too many crime dramas - far too many

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

too many crime dramas - far too many

Indeed - somebody ought to look into it.

Somebody with a troubled past, a penchant for ignoring the rule-book, an eccentric hobby and probably an unusual car.

• Haha 2

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Indeed - somebody ought to look into it.

Somebody with a troubled past, a penchant for ignoring the rule-book, an eccentric hobby and probably an unusual car.

I'm on another case.

• Haha 1

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.