The TV Thread

MASH 

If it has the American laughter track it is unwatchable for me. Mush better when it was removed.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

We had a muscle car show last Sunday. I haven't yet sorted out the video of the Shelby Mustang GT500, but when I do......

I am not a car guy, for obvious alcohol reasons, but when the owner fired up the engine, I was in love.

What a growl, what power, it reminded me of my first wife. ????

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:44 PM, ckn said:

We've queued up Blindspot for watching next, we saw half of series 1 a few months ago and now want to watch the rest.

Blind spot goes even more off track than the Blacklist from Season 2 on.  Be warned.

If you haven't watched it have a binge at the Good Fight. ( unless you support D Trump) or Designated Survivor ( which is scarily current - esp S2)

Edited by kiyan
  • Like 1

I watch a lot of these American real crime investigation documentaries . Very interesting but I’m always bemused that in so many they use a polygraph and put such store in them . They’re pretty useless but they say ‘ they passed so we eliminated them ‘ . What if you’re just a great  liar Aldrych Ames style ? Always find that strange , and at least once it’s been someone they’ve cleared before on that 

for anyone that wants to see a new low in so called comedy, stath lets flats is about as desperate as it gets, its not just bad its like "why has anybody wasted a second of their life on this garbage" bad

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Coming up next Tuesday at 9pm on BBC4: Mark Kermode's Secrets of Cinema. Five 1-hour episodes, each devoted to a single genre. Kim Newman is also involved in the making of this series, so it should be very good. 

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sacha Baron Cohen has a new show coming out in a week or so.  He goes undercover to interview a number of people (think Ali G).  Sarah Palin and Judge Roy Moore have already threatened legal action.  Who needs a PR campaign!

He also interviewed Dick Cheney.....

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

9 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Sacha Baron Cohen has a new show coming out in a week or so.  He goes undercover to interview a number of people (think Ali G).  Sarah Palin and Judge Roy Moore have already threatened legal action.  Who needs a PR campaign!

He also interviewed Dick Cheney.....

We’ve been here with him before . As you say it’s the best PR for him . Borat is my personal favourite , the snippets on the original tv show were cringing but absolutely hilarious 

56 minutes ago, DavidM said:

We’ve been here with him before . As you say it’s the best PR for him . Borat is my personal favourite , the snippets on the original tv show were cringing but absolutely hilarious 

I first saw him on C4's The 11 O'Clock Show, where some of his best mock interviews happened. Mind you, two of the programme's presenters were Daisy Donovan and Sarah Alexander, so I was always going to be watching, even it it was rubbish. ?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I first saw him on C4's The 11 O'Clock Show, where some of his best mock interviews happened. Mind you, two of the programme's presenters were Daisy Donovan and Sarah Alexander, so I was always going to be watching, even it it was rubbish. ?

Yes I get you there . 

Its Brass Eye all over again...

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Production on the new series of Mystery Science Theater 3000 has wrapped. Looking forward to whenever Netflix decide to release it.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 7/11/2018 at 1:57 PM, Futtocks said:

Coming up next Tuesday at 9pm on BBC4: Mark Kermode's Secrets of Cinema. Five 1-hour episodes, each devoted to a single genre. Kim Newman is also involved in the making of this series, so it should be very good. 

This was excellent, and as the first episode was about Rom-Coms, BBC4 followed it with the film Move over, Darling. Doris Day and James Garner in sparkling form.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 7/15/2018 at 1:16 PM, Bedford Roughyed said:

Its Brass Eye all over again...

Funny but my word cringingly raw . I just don’t know how he can do it ... and push it and push it and push it . And the thing is he gets you to damn yourself 

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

My wife brought the box set of " A Touch Of Cloth " out to Spain for some amusement. It lasted about 20 minutes. Completely purerile, it's about as funny as being whipped.

I thought it was funny but I like completely puerile

The 100th episode of 'The Infinite Monkey Cage' is available as normal, as an audio recording. But if you go on the iPlayer, you can also watch it as a TV show, with live audience and a proper set. To be honest, they tried to fit so many guests on that it feels a little rushed compared to regular episodes, but it is still good stuff.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

Starting today, Film4 are having a Studio Ghibli season, and they are going to show every single film, plus 'Nausicaa', which pre-dates the founding of the studio, but is very much a Ghibli film in style.

Initial listings, to the 10th of August, are here: https://www.channel4.com/programmes/film4/articles/all/studio-ghibli-the-complete-adventure-on-film4/5885 More listings will appear over time.

From 1pm today, they kick things off with 'Spirited away' so, if you've never watched Studio Ghibli films before, this is an excellent starting point.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

It made me laugh this morning. A woman being interviewed at an airport, probably Gatwick, about the fact that when we leave the EU, we will have to pay for a visa to go to Benidorm (or anywhere in the EU, even Perpignan or Toulouse thank you Brexiteers).

She answered, " Well if that's the case, we'll drive, it's not that far". The doughnut doesn't realise it's not just for flying, and if she drives the French will also make her pay for a Visa too. 

Portsmouth do ferries to Spain if you don't want to drive through France.