The TV Thread

Also narrated by Richard Briers and created by Bob Godfrey & Grange Calveley , but now less well-remembered - Noah & Nelly, sometimes known as Nutty Noah & Niggly Nelly.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Killing Eve finished its first season as howlingly insane as ever.

A second series is apparently in the works. It has a lot to live up to.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Have Netflix? Watch A Very Secret Service / Au Service de la France

Edited by gingerjon

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Love the Yorkshire Vet on Channel 5, trouble is I spend half the time with my hand over my eyes, some of the procedures carried out leave nothing to the imagination, if blood and guts are your thing then this programme's for you.

The filming, scenery and both of the vets though are superb.

On 11/6/2018 at 5:26 PM, John Drake said:

That's my evening sorted.

This looks great John.

I will look to see if it is on Readly. If not I will buy it.

I still get excited when the Christmas Radio Times is available, even though I know I will be disappointed with the listings. 

• Like 1

On 11/10/2018 at 10:40 AM, Johnoco said:

Great documentary on Sky Arts tonight at 10pm about The Damned. Think I've seen most of it before but it's really good. Funny as F...  too

Off to see them at the end of the month. I've never managed to catch them before so really looking forward to it.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Recorded a couple of Laurel & Hardy shorts today, thanks to the marvellous Talking Pictures TV channel.

I have just watched 'County Hospital' and am looking forward to 'The Music Box' (the one where they try to deliver a piano) later this evening. :smile:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Recorded a couple of Laurel & Hardy shorts today, thanks to the marvellous Talking Pictures TV channel.

I have just watched 'County Hospital' and am looking forward to 'The Music Box' (the one where they try to deliver a piano) later this evening. :smile:

I've got them all on DVD. Last time I watched County Hospital I was in tears of laughter and The Music Box is an absolute classic.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

6 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

I'm sure most on here watched "They shall not grow old" last night but if you didn't, get yourself over to BBC iPlayer and WATCH IT! Absolutely stunning film making! 

Was it ever. I saw it last night but I'd gladly watch it again.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

On 11/10/2018 at 10:40 AM, Johnoco said:

Great documentary on Sky Arts tonight at 10pm about The Damned. Think I've seen most of it before but it's really good. Funny as F...  too

Rather annoyingly I forgot about it despite getting a message from a mate letting me know it was on. Tried catch up on Sky Arts but it wasn't available. Plenty of other interesting stuff though.

23 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Laurel and Hardy just don’t age . The things they do are timeless and never become any less hilarious  , and the techniques like looking at the camera were literally decades ahead of their time . Classic laurel and hardy and the Marx brothers are still as good as it gets 

• Like 1

I was watching Dynasties . BBC do this kind of stuff better than anyone in the world . Must say I’m never sure about this thing of giving wild animals pretend names to tell the story . Becomes a bit like telling a story to kids 

2 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

I'm sure most on here watched "They shall not grow old" last night but if you didn't, get yourself over to BBC iPlayer and WATCH IT! Absolutely stunning film making! 

That has been recorded for when I'm in exactly the right mood for it.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

I was watching Dynasties . BBC do this kind of stuff better than anyone in the world . Must say I’m never sure about this thing of giving wild animals pretend names to tell the story . Becomes a bit like telling a story to kids 

Did Johnny Morris die in vain?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Ullman said:

I've got them all on DVD. Last time I watched County Hospital I was in tears of laughter and The Music Box is an absolute classic.

I actually have the DVD box set, but still record and watch when they are broadcast. God knows why, but I do. Pure joy.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Talking Pictures TV is a treasure, run on a shoestring.

Ralph Waldo Emerson