The TV Thread

Watched the latest Black Mirror last night - Bandersnatch - quite enjoyed it, an interactive TV show.  After chatting with a few wor colleagues now knows there's a couple of extra endings which I'll need to navigate to at some point

We watched Pine Gap on Netflix over Christmas, slow burn but compelling.

If you enjoyed "Eye in the Sky" (The Helen Mirren/Alan Rickman film, not the Alan Parsons Project) you might want to give Pine Gap a try.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Shadow said:

We watched Pine Gap on Netflix over Christmas, slow burn but compelling.

If you enjoyed "Eye in the Sky" (The Helen Mirren/Alan Rickman film, not the Alan Parsons Project) you might want to give Pine Gap a try.

I got a free trial for Prime Videos. However most of the tv shows I watch don't seem to be free. 

Do you have this?

29 minutes ago, Niels said:

I got a free trial for Prime Videos. However most of the tv shows I watch don't seem to be free. 

Do you have this?

There are far fewer free things on Prime then there really should be given the cost.

The Jack Ryan series is free and decent though. As is Goliath (I’ve only seen series one).

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

I second GJ's recommendations of Jack Ryan and Goliath (both series) plus I also enjoy Bosch. 

Bosch is excellent, Jack Ryan was OK but a number of things in it annoyed me. 

41 minutes ago, Niels said:

Do you have this?

We have both Netflix and Amazon Prime bt tend to watch more Netflix.

We only really keep Prime because my Wife has an Amazon Prime account for shopping. 

10 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

There are far fewer free things on Prime then there really should be given the cost.

The Jack Ryan series is free and decent though. As is Goliath (I’ve only seen series one).

I quite enjoyed The Man in the High Castle on Prime, not got around to Jack Ryan yet

Just now, Shadow said:

We have both Netflix and Amazon Prime bt tend to watch more Netflix.

We only really keep Prime because my Wife has an Amazon Prime account for shopping. 

Thanks. 

I am just surprised how little is included for free. 

31 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I quite enjoyed The Man in the High Castle on Prime, not got around to Jack Ryan yet

First series absolutely top drawer, second series is decent, I realised a couple of days ago that I'm halfway through the third but got distracted by other stuff ... may not say much that I haven't raced back to finish it off. Could be my loss.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

22 minutes ago, Shadow said:

What does surprise me is that some things that are free on Netflix are chargeable on Prime. 

Handy site www.justwatch.com/uk is very useful here.

• Like 2

Most of what I watch on Prime is RiffTrax movies, as there is a decent selection on there, with occasional changes to the line-up.

But if you use as many benefits of Prime as you can (e.g. fast, free delivery on orders etc.), the price makes more sense.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I have really gotten into "The Good Place", on E4. It started slow, but it is hilariouosousousousous.

Ted Danson is great,  Jameela Jamil is funny, and Kirsten Bell is fantastic

Everything else is forking shirt (In the words of the place)

Edited by Bleep1673
  • Like 1

Did you ever pay money to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers play live?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Starting on Monday from 7pm on Talking Pictures TV - Hannay, starring Robert Powell.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Excellent news from Twitter...

@ReeceShearsmith
2 hours ago

Deep breath. Here we go again. Series 5. #insideno9

• Like 3

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I've just watched the first instalment of The Paras on ITV (9pm start).  Two more to go.  Compelling viewing for a civvy like me!  It was brutal, funny, poignant at different times but I now have a handle on why they do bonkers things in training.  I'm looking forward to part 2 when apparently the training involves stuff that is even more bonkers.

I enjoyed the nostalgia trip that was When Dummies Took Over The World . Rod Hull and Emu ( and those monstered by him ) , Sooty Sweep n Sue and the rather strange at times Corbett business relationship. Orville , Spit the Dog , Dicky Mint , Nookie Bear and Roger ( I hated working with kids ) and Lord Charles . Ray Alan really was the master , amazing routine