The TV Thread

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

crossroads

George and mildred

the benny hill show

coronation street (the ida clough years)

stressed eric 

I am actually going through a phase of watching Minder,The Professionals and The Sweeney. 

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

crossroads

George and mildred

the benny hill show

coronation street (the ida clough years)

stressed eric 

Shocking that Benny Hill isn’t repeated on telly . 

8 hours ago, gingerjon said:

So … this was a question posed on twitter: If you had to introduce someone to your taste in television, what are five titles that you would screen for them?

These are my five:

• The Beiderbecke Trilogy
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer
  • Brooklyn 99
  • The Expanse
  • Black Books

If you answer this and don’t include The Sopranos then you should have your television revoked. 

Although you are right about Beiderbecke 

English, Irish, Brit, Yorkshire, European.  Citizen of the People's Republic of Yorkshire, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the European Union.  Critical of all it.  Proud of all it.    

15 hours ago, DavidM said:

Shocking that Benny Hill isn’t repeated on telly . 

Probably because he wasn t in the least funny!

15 hours ago, bobbruce said:

I am actually going through a phase of watching Minder,The Professionals and The Sweeney. 

Since I retired so am I. It passes the morning before I go walking by the Thames.

Minder s good but the Sweeney and the Professionals are terrible.

1 hour ago, bazzzz65 said:

Since I retired so am I. It passes the morning before I go walking by the Thames.

Minder s good but the Sweeney and the Professionals are terrible.

Yeah but so terrible it’s funny. Lines like “we’re the flying squad and we haven’t even had our dinner” don’t just write themselves. 

Love the Sweeney.

"Get yer trousers on, you're nicked."

Edited by jacksy

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

On 3/28/2019 at 11:45 AM, bobbruce said:

Yeah but so terrible it’s funny. Lines like “we’re the flying squad and we haven’t even had our dinner” don’t just write themselves. 

Last week one of the episodes was about a detective from Glasgow who supposedly played number 8 for Hawick.

Regan was so prejudiced against anyone slightly posh,senior officers, women and non Londoners

Edited by bazzzz65

19 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

so who do you find funny?

From those days Morecambe and Wise, Frankie  Howerd and Tommy Cooper.

34 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

and these days?

John Shuttleworth, Henning Wehn and on TV The Big Bang Theory, Young Sheldon,Not Going Out and HIGNFY. 

Edited by bazzzz65

24 minutes ago, bazzzz65 said:

John Shuttleworth, Henning Wehn and on TV The Big Bang Theory, Young Sheldon,Not Going Out and HIGNFY. 

I know john shuttleworth, one of my all time heroes

on tv?

early doors

bottom

father ted …….my top3

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

24 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

I know john shuttleworth, one of my all time heroes

on tv?

early doors

bottom

father ted …….my top3

Also in his earlier incarnation as Jilted John.

As for Bottom, there are 4 or 5 full live shows on YouTube. Well worth watching, especially when one of them (okay, usually Rik), loses it and gets the giggles. And at about 75-80 minutes each, you get a lot of Bottom.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had a bit of a snooze mid-evening, so I'm up late. 'Handmade in Hull' is on BBC4, and is well worth catching up with on the iPlayer. One of those quiet, unassuming but proud documentaries.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 hours ago, Futtocks said:

I had a bit of a snooze mid-evening, so I'm up late. 'Handmade in Hull' is on BBC4, and is well worth catching up with on the iPlayer. One of those quiet, unassuming but proud documentaries.

I love the handmade series on bbc 4 . I recently watched the ones on the Silk Road . Just engrossing programmes watching skilled artisans make things , made better by no narration 

Well Netflix have confirmed season 3 of the Dragon Prince and season 2 of The Order, so I’m happy. 

Also though this bit perhaps should be on the movie thread this morning I watched the My Hero Academia movie two heroes. Since it’s a movie of a series I’ve gone for here. A great anime movie that really captures the spirit of the anime. Probably my second favourite anime movie ever after The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya