The TV Thread

5 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Killing Eve returned last night. On every Saturday or whole series on iPlayer. 

Still totally nuts ?

I have the first episode of S2 ready to watch, as soon as I have time. Good to hear it hasn't lost the mad mojo of S1.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Currently being repeated on BBC Scotland (so available to us Godless Sassenachs on the iPlayer), the extremely silly and ultra-camp comedy about flight attendants, The High Life. Worth watching for the deranged Captain Duff if nothing else.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Currently being repeated on BBC Scotland (so available to us Godless Sassenachs on the iPlayer)

Sky Channel 457.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Riviera must have been written by two chimpanzees who formerly worked for the Sun ,,,,,, although I may have just insulted the cousins,

I liked this a lot

image.png.255cc90b875c34de7ca399f6d970b9ec.png

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

On 05/06/2019 at 07:59, RidingPie said:

Finished good omens, and it’s very rare for me to say about a series based on a book I love, but it was brilliant. It had a lull for an episode towards the end but I remember the book had as well. And the bit Gaiman added at the end with Crowley and Aziraphale’s trial at the end was a brilliant addition. Shame there can’t (or more likely shouldn’t) be a second series. 

Just finished it myself. Very satisfying, and there was just enough of the book that I'd forgotten that it still popped the occasional scene that made me want to read it again. And I agree the extra ending bit was well done.

A pretty impressive cast list too.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 hours ago, Niels said:

Just watching California comes to the whistle test. 

I haven't seen this one before. 

Don't know what this is at all Niels

Type?

Channel?

Link?

Please?

15 minutes ago, Niels said:

Thanks for your reply and interest Oxford. I have found a link.

I hope you enjoy it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0074t8q

Thanks for replying so quickly.

Randy Newman doing Trump poltics decades in advance is the first thing for mine.

Judee Sill's story is one of those that blows away it was better then.

"You know there's really nothing for the pain!" JD Souther.

Funny which ones were picked and did whispering actually choose them?

Edited by Oxford
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Niels said:

Thanks for your reply and interest Oxford. I have found a link.

I hope you enjoy it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0074t8q

Good of the BBC to show the track listing. Some nice stuff on there.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

41 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Good of the BBC to show the track listing. Some nice stuff on there.

Dolphins by Tim Buckley one of my faves of forever.

Trips down memory Lane are not as great as they're often painted.

Having said that I remember seeing Jackson Browne as support for Joni Mitchell and those how good moments like that one and the Storm's tries today are what we're made of.

The Beeb seem to have taken better care of their music archive then they do with TGG's stuff.

Good version of Willin' by Linda Ronstadt

Jackson always good.

" But don't it make you want to rock and roll
All night long
Mohammed's Radio
I heard somebody singing sweet and soulful
On the radio, Mohammed's Radio "

Edited by Oxford
  • Like 1

I feel like I have already watched the new series of top gear 10x already - as the bbc seem to do nothing but plug and promote the guffawing childish traits of the new presenters

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

I thought this deserved a mention and I know it's RL and from this site but I like it as TV and so

image.png.aeb6d83f388bb361b60806e16e60f3fe.png

no apologies, and no attempt to put RL where it's not supposed to be either.

And so it's all here and done this too

image.png.df3ca1359c43b1fae4fc679fc62d6c29.png

Edited by Oxford

16 minutes ago, Oxford said:

I thought this deserved a mention and I know it's RL and from this site but I like it as TV and so

image.png.aeb6d83f388bb361b60806e16e60f3fe.png

no apologies, and no attempt to put RL where it's not supposed to be either.

And so it's all here and done this too

image.png.df3ca1359c43b1fae4fc679fc62d6c29.png

Is this actually available to watch somewhere?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

41 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

C4's Year of the Rabbit is the biggest pile of rubbish that I have seen in ages. Too much Swearing does not make a funny programme.

And I'd put it aside for later mmmm.

image.png.487f7f4ddb1e7fb4c7657c20969e67c1.png       V      image.png.2d3eac7cf407ea9945c2ad502b5dee84.png

A great cast brilliantly acted in a barely believable script  v scarecly credible writing + soap opera coincidence and contrivance.

Edited by Oxford

I'm looking forward to the TV version of " Catch 22 " this week. It's got to be better than the film they made"

The series on Mrs Thatcher has been good although I couldn't bring myself to watch the episode covering The Miners Strike. This week it's the last episode dealing with her downfall so that'll put a smile on my face.

The bottom line is she was every bit as awful as we thought she was.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm looking forward to the TV version of " Catch 22 " this week. It's got to be better than the film they made"

Me too!

And yes she was and so was Bliar Bliar! (In the Mail today says it all , that)

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Well, we can hope, but there's a degree of self-indulgent flabbiness in the source material, so who knows?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The series on Mrs Thatcher has been good although I couldn't bring myself to watch the episode covering The Miners Strike. This week it's the last episode dealing with her downfall so that'll put a smile on my face.

The bottom line is she was every bit as awful as we thought she was.

Catch 22 is my most overrated book of all time.... Virtually unreadable in my view... Interesting to s how the filming goes

6 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Catch 22 is my most overrated book of all time.... Virtually unreadable in my view... Interesting to s how the filming goes

The central premise has a story that could be very good, though. It is just that the book comes from an age of undisciplined self-indulgence when it comes to the arts.

A good director could extract the good stuff, discard the flab, and make a belter of a film about the absurdity/insanity of the situation.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

32 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

The central premise has a story that could be very good, though. It is just that the book comes from an age of undisciplined self-indulgence when it comes to the arts.

A good director could extract the good stuff, discard the flab, and make a belter of a film about the absurdity/insanity of the situation.

It's the prose that makes it unreadable--way too diffuse... The plot is okay I guess so yes depends on how the screenplay is written. 

I think the director has said they have deviated from the books timeline, to make it linear rather that jumping about?  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!