The TV Thread

12 minutes ago, Steve May said:

Last night, we started on What we do in the shadows.

It was okay, but I saw the film a few weeks ago and that was much better.   I’m still chuckling at Rhys Darby saying “Werewolves, not swearwolves” 

With the exception of The IT Crowd, Matt Berry never quite seems to be as good as he should be.  

Love Berry in the IT Crowd.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Just to remind peoples in the flat cap world, that many people in Operating Theatres around the world, have a sense of duty, as well as a sense of humour. If only I could wright a book to describe the S££t & confusion sometimes, I would be a M*A*S*H millionaire.

Days when we were under pressure, days when relaxed, days when own departed ones were gone. days when beauty was reborn, days when life was saved, days when we went to the pub to forget about this crpa. Days when we didn't know WTF we were doing, until someone screamed at us, days when we could read Romeo & Juliet, days when we helped save a life,or two......... or three. Days when we worked together as a team (Now ignored), days when we argued, days & Nights when we just did our duty. & now I'm 4kd

We used to go out as a tribe, anyone who works in Theatres will know, we don't mix very often with other surgical wards, or even day surgery, we are our own mind. Out of it, sometimes. But when you see so much trauma & blood, as i have, you wonder why we still have no mental health unit, (or PTSD) specifically for theatre workers? We have to let off steam, sometimes it is a BBQ that goes haywire, or a booze-up at the local pub, or just a night out somewhere.

Then we get criticised for being p155 heads. 4k HR, we need to release tensions.

Any ODP's on here?

2 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Watched this at breakfast today to cheer myself up post Sunday's game

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contest_(Bottom)

Such a funny series... Even now in my 40s I love it

There are several complete live 'Bottom' shows available on YouTube. Worth watching.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Double post.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Thanks.... Seen a couple before.... Wish I'd have got to one.... Nearly s good as the League of Gentleman live! 

The best bits are when Rik loses control.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 hours ago, Steve May said:

Last night, we started on What we do in the shadows.

It was okay, but I saw the film a few weeks ago and that was much better.   I’m still chuckling at Rhys Darby saying “Werewolves, not swearwolves” 

With the exception of The IT Crowd, Matt Berry never quite seems to be as good as he should be.  

Have you seen either Dark Place or Toast of London? Toast of London is Berry at his best IMO

3 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Have you seen either Dark Place or Toast of London? Toast of London is Berry at his best IMO

Didn’t think much to Toast of London.  

I think Matt Berry’s standard character isn’t strong enough to carry a whole show.    As a supporting role, it can work.

Dark Place was quite good but a long time since I’ve seen it. 

English, Irish, Brit, Yorkshire, European.  Citizen of the People's Republic of Yorkshire, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the European Union.  Critical of all it.  Proud of all it.    

20 minutes ago, Steve May said:

I think Matt Berry’s standard character isn’t strong enough to carry a whole show.    As a supporting role, it can work.

Fair do’s, life would be boring if we all liked the same stuff ?

For instance I don’t find Bottom or Rik Mayall and Ade Edmondson particularly funny, Mayall was good in Man Down though

2 hours ago, Steve May said:

It takes some getting used to put I ended up loving Toast.... Give it a bit more of a go

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

I loved Toast.  What we do in the shadows got better as it found its own feet.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

catching up on "mr mercedes" watched the first four and am hooked, as usual brendan gleeson is brilliant.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

I've subscribed to Amazon Prime to watch Good Omens, the series based on the book by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, which I read many years ago. 

Watched the first episode last night. Enjoyed it, particularly the lead performances by Michael Sheen and David Tennant.

Must say though, scrolling through what else is available on Prime, I'm not sure it's worth the money, or much of a rival to Netflix. Not much on there grabs my attention. 

7 minutes ago, John Drake said:

I've subscribed to Amazon Prime to watch Good Omens, the series based on the book by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, which I read many years ago. 

Watched the first episode last night. Enjoyed it, particularly the lead performances by Michael Sheen and David Tennant.

Must say though, scrolling through what else is available on Prime, I'm not sure it's worth the money, or much of a rival to Netflix. Not much on there grabs my attention. 

Prime's about using more of Amazon than just TV/films, though. If you order enough items to make the free (and often quicker) delivery save you money over the year, the cost makes more sense.

And they have a decent selection of RiffTrax movies, which is changed every few months. So that's a thumbs up from me.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

13 minutes ago, John Drake said:

I enjoy their "All or Nothing" series plus "As Good As It Gets". 

I enjoyed Bosch, Goliath and the first series of Sneaky Pete. Life in Pieces is very funny. 

Currently watching Hanna

• Like 1
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

22 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Try "The Good Wife" and "Bosch" for more mainstream drama. I watched season one of American Gods and Preacher which may grab you if you like Good Omens. Lucifer Series 1 - 3 is entertaining if untaxing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

I enjoy their "All or Nothing" series plus "As Good As It Gets". 

I enjoyed Bosch, Goliath and the first series of Sneaky Pete. Life in Pieces is very funny. 

Currently watching Hanna

We’re currently going through Bosch and enjoying it. 

It’s annoying how it mixes paid-for and inclusive stuff. At least Netflix, if it’s there it’s free. 

• Like 2

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

4 minutes ago, ckn said:

It’s annoying how it mixes paid-for and inclusive stuff. At least Netflix, if it’s there it’s free. 

Quite often it's chargeable on Amazon but free on Netflix

2 hours ago, ckn said:

Browsing the Fire TV app is annoying in that matter. I tend to search the Amazon website on my laptop, after selecting the 'Prime' checkbox, and add content to my watchlist that way. Not ideal, but you can see what you're getting more clearly.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 hours ago, John Drake said:

I particularly like Bosch, The Man in the High Castle, Lucifer & American Gods

I also like the nostalgia series of Stargate & Highlander to pass the time now and again. 

Not sure if any of those float your boat

Edited by Spidey