Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bedford Roughyed

The TV Thread

A Confession on ITV

Seen these true dramas before but it feels odd to watch one that happened in your own town. It is good though. 

Loving all the "oooooaaaarrrrr" accents ūüėā

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino
  • Like 1

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

I've started watching Carnival Row on Prime and its fairly good. I think the makers must have really liked Black Sails (if they aren't the same people) as, though the theme and the tone are a bit darker (touching dare I say on Lovecraftian influences) it probably has the same ratio of action to gratuitous sex scenes and the intro is very similar.

On 09/09/2019 at 18:17, Liverpool Rover said:

Tonight is the second episode of Only Connect so l will try to beat last weeks score of three. That was very good for me!

I do quite well with these questions, I usually get 4 or 5 of the first 2 rounds, at least 2 on the connections wall, and usually very well at missing vowels. But  then I don't have a TV camera pointing at me.

Edited by Bleep1673

Supporting Rugby League since 1971

Enjoying "Justified" on Amazon Prime. 

Ok, so it was originally on tv between 2010 and 2015 so I'm currently 9 years behind the times. However it's set in Kentucky so I'm still at least 50 years in front of them. ūüėČ

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino
  • Like 1

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

On 12/09/2019 at 13:04, Trevorkfevfan said:

Really enjoyed both series of "Mortimer and Whitehouse Gone Fishing". Enjoyable watch on so many levels.

mainly the water level

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

Apologies if it's already been mentioned but has anyone else been watching or has watched 'Black Spot' on Netflix?

Oh my. I'm seriously impressed with this. It's a French/Belgian collaboration that is both visually stunning and comes with a very engrossing story.

The%20Warriors%2060.jpg

1 hour ago, Vambo said:

Apologies if it's already been mentioned but has anyone else been watching or has watched 'Black Spot' on Netflix?

Oh my. I'm seriously impressed with this. It's a French/Belgian collaboration that is both visually stunning and comes with a very engrossing story.

Really liked the first series. Second was interesting but not as good IMO.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Capture on  BBC at the moment is riveting stuff , much like the lead character don`t know what the hell is going on with all the dodgy "false" CCTV stuff , but it`s got me hooked .

1 hour ago, ivans82 said:

Capture on  BBC at the moment is riveting stuff , much like the lead character don`t know what the hell is going on with all the dodgy "false" CCTV stuff , but it`s got me hooked .

I love it. I have no idea what's happening and am an episode behind at the moment so no spoilers please. 

Halfway through series 1 of 'Godless' on Netflix. A gritty, violent western with a difference, ( and not because three of the leading actors are British (with American accents) - Lady Mary from Downton Abbey, Jojen Reed from Game of Thrones and Jack O'Connell who has been in a few things on British TV.) Jeff Daniels is the baddie - and what a baddie - and what an actor.

Think of Clint Eastwoods Unforgiven, then add more grit and violence.

th_jasmax001.jpg
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." G.Orwell.

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website & St Albans Centurions Photo Site