The TV Thread

Anybody see that BBC 3 documentary Stacey Dooley investigates the Cocaine Capital of the World.

If it hadn't been for the title, a blind person could have thought it actually was Katie Price doing it. In fact, I'm sure that Katie Price could have done it better.

Talk about dumbing down.

:dry:

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Anybody see that BBC 3 documentary Stacey Dooley investigates the Cocaine Capital of the World.

If it hadn't been for the title, a blind person could have thought it actually was Katie Price doing it. In fact, I'm sure that Katie Price could have done it better.

Talk about dumbing down.

The Stacey Dooley documetaries are not the best...

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Talk about dumbing down.

The fact that it was on BBC3 wasn't enough of a warning? :rolleyes: 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

A really good Channel 5 documentary on Donald Nielson tonight, Bradford's Black Panther serial killer.

He killed three sub-postmasters, including one at Baxenden, just outside Accrington, at a time when I was on a student placement at a chemical factory across the road.

Then he  assaulted, tortured and killed a young girl who he had initially kidnapped with the intention of ransoming her back to her rich parents.

Then we paid a fortune to keep him alive for another 35 years.

:angry:

Edited by Wolford6

Has anyone seen the advert for some BBC 3 show about shops?

"I'm more photogenic than walkagenic"

" I'm not materialistic I just like materialistic things"

Makes me laugh every time I see it, but not sure what the programme is and certainly won't watch it if it is reality tv.

Last night's Who Do You Think You Are? with Lesley Sharp was utter utter garbage.

She is from Lancashire but missed out her mother's antecedents completely, plus her paternal grandfather. She ended up in Essex trying to trace one of the  fosterchildren  that had been taken in  by her great grandfather.

This boy, from Yorkshire, had  been fostered from Barnardos (for money) by her great grandfather and his second wife when they were in their seventies. He had subsequently emigrated to Canada.

She kept saying her great grandfather must have been a very caring man, glossing over the facts that: -

-  in those days, there was no Old Age Pension and foster-money was a source of income

-  the lad, who was no relation to her, had probably emigrated because the Bardardos foster money had stopped.

I didn't bother watching the end.

Last night's Who Do You Think You Are? with Lesley Sharp was utter utter garbage.

She is from Lancashire but missed out her mother's antecedents completely, plus her paternal grandfather. She ended up in Essex trying to trace one of the  fosterchildren  that had been taken in  by her great grandfather.

This boy, from Yorkshire, had  been fostered from Barnardos (for money) by her great grandfather and his second wife when they were in their seventies. He had subsequently emigrated to Canada.

She kept saying her great grandfather must have been a very caring man, glossing over the facts that: -

-  in those days, there was no Old Age Pension and foster-money was a source of income

-  the lad, who was no relation to her, had probably emigrated because the Bardardos foster money had stopped.

I didn't bother watching the end.

I watched because I remember her from school and thought there may be something of interest from a local point of view. There wasn't.

Thought the Bernardos stuff was interesting though.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Me too.

Much to my surprise. He didn't do the "oh look at me I've made it so everyone else can" at all. As you said, good tv.

Another belter from O'Grady tonight, this time focussing on the lives of the working class. Should be compulsory viewing in schools. Also Who do you think you are with Gary Lineker yesterday was a good watch.

Fides invicta triumphat

Another belter from O'Grady tonight, this time focussing on the lives of the working class. Should be compulsory viewing in schools. Also Who do you think you are with Gary Lineker yesterday was a good watch.

Damn I forgot all about it. I'll catch up. I've never enjoyed any of his work but he was brilliant in the first show.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

Me too.

Much to my surprise. He didn't do the "oh look at me I've made it so everyone else can" at all. As you said, good tv.

Didn't like how he tried to preach his newish attitude toward's the pub and alcohol in the Temperance speech.

Also Who do you think you are with Gary Lineker yesterday was a good watch.

I know some celebs have such boring backgrounds they never reach the screen.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Cilla Black, John Major and Ken Dodd as his guests. What a vile selection of human beings (well two out of three).

Edited by Larry the Leit

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

Vanessa feltz has just been announced as the 1st name on that strictly dancing bullox  this year, will these no marks please stop shoving their fat faces in to my living room in the name of so called entertainment just to keep themselves in the public eye and on the cover of chat and bella :angry:

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

Vanessa feltz has just been announced as the 1st name on that strictly dancing bullox  this year, will these no marks please stop shoving their fat faces in to my living room in the name of so called entertainment just to keep themselves in the public eye and on the cover of chat and bella :angry:

You do know there is a button to change the channels or switch it off. I've never watched any xfactor/strictly/ice dancing because I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon.

Fides invicta triumphat

You do know there is a button to change the channels or switch it off. I've never watched any xfactor/strictly/ice dancing because I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon.

These sort of shows are exactly what pubs were invented for. :) (That's my excuse anyway, and I'm sticking to it)

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

These sort of shows are exactly what pubs were invented for. :) (That's my excuse anyway, and I'm sticking to it)

to the pub it is, seriously though how does your head work if you find things like this remotely interesting? cos plenty do!

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

to the pub it is, seriously though how does your head work if you find things like this remotely interesting? cos plenty do!

Going to the pub "early doors" on a Saturday is a carry over from my playing days (and the only regular drinking I do these days). Why indeed.  :search:

I share your confusion on this. Saturday evening light entertainment has always baffled me. My only guess is that it is comforting and safe.

Fides invicta triumphat