The TV Thread

3 hours ago, Futtocks said:

On the other hand, very intrigued to see what the two guys behind it do next.

I haven't watched Inside No. 9. It was made by Steve Pemberton and Reece Shearsmith wasn't it? I remember liking Psychoville when that was on and although I've never seen much of the League of Gentleman series, I did see the film, and again remember finding that very funny at the time.

11 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I haven't watched Inside No. 9. It was made by Steve Pemberton and Reece Shearsmith wasn't it? I remember liking Psychoville when that was on and although I've never seen much of the League of Gentleman series, I did see the film, and again remember finding that very funny at the time.

Well, there's a lot to watch, if you're interested. Nine series of self-contained stories and the average standard is very high.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b05p650r/inside-no-9 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

35 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Episode guide to Inside Number 9 on my Cult TV thread. Pages 14 and 15 of thread.

Edited by HawkMan
  • Thanks 1

Just watched the pilot episode of "The High Life". Not much of a revelation, as it turns out they remade the exact same story for episode 5 "Choob". Still, it is a lot of very silly fun.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Some episodes of Inside No9 were, not exactly poor, just not that great in comparison with others.
But the ones that hit the spot were incredible. 
Steve Pemberton is such an incredible actor, I'd argue he's the best make actor (out of anyone) currently around. 

• 3 weeks later...

When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

When in Scotland, watch Still Game for a gently subversive laugh. Okay, you can get it on iPlayer South of the border, but it never occurs to me to do that when I'm at home.

Plus Nick Cave has never been better than in his role as Boabby the Barman.

64b7bbca42421ae3cb052b5f_Breakneck_Comed

Ralph Waldo Emerson

19 hours ago, Futtocks said:

When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

When in Scotland, watch Still Game for a gently subversive laugh. Okay, you can get it on iPlayer South of the border, but it never occurs to me to do that when I'm at home.

Plus Nick Cave has never been better than in his role as Boabby the Barman.

64b7bbca42421ae3cb052b5f_Breakneck_Comed

Where would you rank Boaby/Nick in the 'Sons of Lee Marvin ' roster ?.

• Haha 1

The Boys is as despicable as ever.  

Funny to see 'fans' of the show realise who its a satire of...

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

They're making a Time Bandits TV series. The only name I recognise is Lisa Kudrow from Friends but it actually looks like it could be fun. Sadly, it's on a channel I don't subscribe to.

Ralph Waldo Emerson