The TV Thread

watched the first episode of 'The Missing'. Quality cast-yes yes I know James Nesbitt's in it, but give him a chance.

There is much more to this than the standard kid get's kidnapped drama. The story is very well structured with meaningful uses of flashbacks, and lots of questions beside what happened to the child.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Enjoying Guy Martin's Speed, Guy Martins Speed.  His Spitfire programme was good too, good too.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Enjoying Gotham

Yeah, hope it can keep up the standard. They have obviously taken the look from the Arkham series of video games and I like seeing the bad guys 15 years prior to the comic book with little (or sometimes not so little) nods to their future selves. The Penguin and Poison Ivy were well done.

Fides invicta triumphat

Dunno if anyone else has posted on this, but absolutely loving 'Detectorists' on BBC4.

Best thing on TV this year by a country mile.

I missed episode 2 and have switched over a bit late for a couple of others, but what I've seen has been very good.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

It produces the odd chuckle, but that's as far as it goes.

Well, it's a downbeat thing, not a red-nosed, trouser-dropping slapstick.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Catching up with a bit of TV -

Marvellous - Best programme of the year.  Should win countless awards. 

Finally caught up with it on my planner. Fantastic feel good true story and great performance by Toby Jones. Lou Macari comes out of it very well indeed.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

For those of us fortunate enough to live in the right part of Yorkshire, a new TV channel "Made in Leeds" launches on Thursday night - Freeview Ch8, Virgin Ch159 & Sky Ch117. Apparently, there's an hour long Rugby League chat show on launch night!

For those of us fortunate enough to live in the right part of Yorkshire, a new TV channel "Made in Leeds" launches on Thursday night - Freeview Ch8, Virgin Ch159 & Sky Ch117. Apparently, there's an hour long Rugby League chat show on launch night!

Have they prepared effigies of the Sutton brothers to burn?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I am a little nervous about this.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Toast of London returns tonight.  Really liked the first series.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Speed with Guy Martin was good again, good again.

Great Storyville on BBC4 about the Amazing Randi - An Honest Liar.

I caught up with this during a lengthy journey yesterday (I'm on tour, with my band).  I'd never heard of him, but what a brilliant man!  Regrettably it reminded me just how much I'd like to put my foot through Uri Gellar's face, which made me feel rather dirty.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

I caught up with this during a lengthy journey yesterday (I'm on tour, with my band).  I'd never heard of him, but what a brilliant man!  Regrettably it reminded me just how much I'd like to put my foot through Uri Gellar's face, which made me feel rather dirty.

Mr Gellar was particuly smug and punchable.

I've been enjoying the second series of Crackanory on Dave.

That is a little gem of a programme. The pleasures of simply being read a story. I like the weirdness of some of the stories, very Roald Dahl-esq.

Fides invicta triumphat

Speed with Guy Martin was good again, good again.

James Randi does seem to shed a few supporters every now and then, when he abandons hard-nosed enquiry and resorts to grandstanding and bluster, but on the whole, he's a good thing.

Ralph Waldo Emerson