The TV Thread

Not owning a television or reading The Sun or Daily Mirror, I have just realized that Danny Baker is taking part. He is one of my favourite radio broadcasters.

I thought he wouldn't t stoop as low as this but I suppose bills have to be paid somehow. How is he doing by the way?

Not owning a television or reading The Sun or Daily Mirror, I have just realized that Danny Baker is taking part. He is one of my favourite radio broadcasters.

I thought he wouldn't t stoop as low as this but I suppose bills have to be paid somehow. How is he doing by the way?

He, along with a property TV presenter, only joined the camp last night as the usual late additions, so he's barely had time to register. However, his recent chemotherapy treatment (and its effect on his tastebuds) might turn out to be a benefit in a bush tucker trial.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

He, along with a property TV presenter, only joined the camp last night as the usual late additions, so he's barely had time to register. However, his recent chemotherapy treatment (and its effect on his tastebuds) might turn out to be a benefit in a bush tucker trial.

Martin Roberts from Homes Under the Hammer?

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Martin Roberts from Homes Under the Hammer?

That's him. I don't watch his programme, but he seems amiable enough, and will get probably along with the established camp just fine.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

That's him. I don't watch his programme, but he seems amiable enough, and will get probably along with the established camp just fine.

For a short while at the beginning of the year his programme was compulsory viewing as I was preparing to jump into the property renovation market myself. Not the worst work preparation I've ever done, spending an hour each morning watching TV. :)

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

The last miners starts on monday.

I really shouldn't watch it. I'll end up upset.... hating thatch even more if thats possible... and get all narky about the local police again..

Edited by Robin Evans

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

The last miners starts on monday.

I really shouldn't watch it. I'll end up upset.... hating thatch even more if thats possible... and get all narky about the local police again..

That's going to be a tough and upsetting watch for a lot of people.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I find him very entertaining without being laugh out loud funny. He's also appeared recently on Taskmaster, a daft programme I really enjoy.

He's a good finder of odd connections, which is why his shows often end up somewhere completely different to where they started.

I first came across him with the series 'Are you Dave Gorman?', which got a lot of fun from a very basic idea.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

No, this one:

600px-WestS1E04_13.jpg

The maxim was in production in 1886 but yes I forgot about that one!  Plus who knows what timeline that scene sits in.... 

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

He's a good finder of odd connections, which is why his shows often end up somewhere completely different to where they started.

I first came across him with the series 'Are you Dave Gorman?', which got a lot of fun from a very basic idea.

I remember that! Didn't he go up and down the country finding other Dave Gormans?

I remember that! Didn't he go up and down the country finding other Dave Gormans?

Yes, he had to find over fifty of them to win a bet with Danny Wallace, and he went abroad as well.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well, that didn't last long. Martin's certainly playing the weasel game.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Watched DIY SOS Big Build, Children in Need Special this morning. The perfect antidote when you think all there is is hate and selfishness in the world. So much to admire from all; the child carers, the young staff looking after them and all those who volunteer their time to help on the build. 

I know I'm behind the times but I've just finished binge watching the first 5 series of Homeland ready for series 6 in January or whenever.

Enjoyed it.

However, with a couple of episodes left to watch, I found out that Saul Berenson is played by the same person who played Inigo Montoya in The Princess Bride. Now every time Saul speaks I imagine him saying "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

Episode 2 of The Grans Tour was fairly poor. It is beautifully filmed but needs a ruthless editor. It;s way too flabby.

It was pretty much the way the later series of 'Top Gear' were going before the Clarkson exit. Recycling old ideas in a new location, and the "playing at soldiers" bit took up most of the show.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Planet Earth 2 on BBC1 now is pretty incredible. They don't say 'like a plague of locusts' for nothing!

Just another amazing episode. We're spoilt, really.

Ralph Waldo Emerson