Well, Doctor Who was wonderful. I managed to get to watch it (almost) live and (almost) without anyone talking over it, and then I watched it back again later on iPlayer in complete peace and quiet after everyone else had gone home, and it was even better.

"Never be cruel, never be cowardly, and never ever ever eat pears.
"Remember, hate is always foolish and love is always wise. 
"Always try to be nice but never fail to be kind."

The Doctor is my kind of hero, even though I quite like pears. :)

And then he regenerates into a Yorkshire woman.

"Oh, brilliant!"

• Like 1

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Straight outta compote 

Watched the final episode of Years and Years tonight. Then straight away watched the news. I wasn't 100% sure that it wasn't the same programme. 

Because Alex Scott is ludicrously hot and should present everything.

Posted Images

The latest Inside No.9 is a pip and a dandy. A whole episode in rhyming couplets? Audacious, but the format didn't detract from the humour and plot twists.

• Like 2

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

6 minutes ago, Derwent said:

The Blacklist is back, as good as ever.

I went off it for a bit.  Binge watched it too much.  The woman who plays Elizabeth has to be the worst actor on telly, (spoiler alert)

I was delighted when I thought they'd killed her off and then annoyed when it was all a con.

Some of the episodes around that were just abysmal with things going on that were completely against Red's previous moralities and actions.

I'll get back into it one day though

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

6 hours ago, Futtocks said:

The latest Inside No.9 is a pip and a dandy. A whole episode in rhyming couplets? Audacious, but the format didn't detract from the humour and plot twists.

not watched it yet but heard its not up to the boys usual standard, maybe spoiled by the new league stuff?

they come swinging round that corner, they think they're benny goodman

27 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

not watched it yet but heard its not up to the boys usual standard, maybe spoiled by the new league stuff?

I think it's just different.  I enjoyed it, the writing is just great.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

2 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I think it's just different.  I enjoyed it, the writing is just great.  

The thing about Inside No.9 is the variety of styles they go through in any given series.

Some people are always desperate to be the first to say a show or an entertainer has jumped the shark. The same with music acts; as soon as they start releasing material that people actually like, some dopey NME type will say they've "sold out" and "gone commercial".

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

On 04/01/2018 at 12:11 PM, ckn said:

I went off it for a bit.  Binge watched it too much.  The woman who plays Elizabeth has to be the worst actor on telly, (spoiler alert)

Reveal hidden contents

I was delighted when I thought they'd killed her off and then annoyed when it was all a con.

Some of the episodes around that were just abysmal with things going on that were completely against Red's previous moralities and actions.

I'll get back into it one day though

It was obvious that

Liz wasn't dead. Without the relationship between Liz and Red there is no blacklist

Just now, Liverpool Rover said:

It was obvious that

Hide contents

Liz wasn't dead. Without the relationship between Liz and Red there is no blacklist

I had hoped that that would send him into a darker phase for a series or so before

moving on as if she had never existed like other shows do when a "star" leaves.  I did think his bumping off the old woman a bit OTT though and out of character.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Someone on here recommended The Indian Detective?

I'm 2.5 episodes in and if it wasn't the very attractiveness of the female co-star it would have been binned already. It's getting close.

Any reason to stick with it?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I'm glad Death in Paradise is back, and Danny John-Jules and Don Warrington are still signed up. Ardal O'Hanlon gives a decent performance too

Edited by Bleep1673
Edited for spelling

Where were you last Thursday?

18 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Just started watching The Good Place. It's *forking funny! 

*A reference to the show

Did you ever pay money to hear music performed by California funk-rock band the Red Hot Chili Peppers?

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

6 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Someone on here recommended The Indian Detective?

I'm 2.5 episodes in and if it wasn't the very attractiveness of the female co-star it would have been binned already. It's getting close.

Any reason to stick with it?

There's only 1.5 to go?

It's OK in a "Death in Paradise" kind of way.

Don't make the mistake of watching Russell Peters Almost Famous. Maybe stand up humour doesn't travel well but I found the first 10 minutes to be  racist, misogynist and generally not funny. To a degree I'd forgive the first 2 if the final one made up for them. But it didn't.

1 minute ago, Shadow said:

There's only 1.5 to go?

It's OK in a "Death in Paradise" kind of way.

Don't make the mistake of watching Russell Peters Almost Famous. Maybe stand up humour doesn't travel well but I found the first 10 minutes to be  racist, misogynist and generally not funny. To a degree I'd forgive the first 2 if the final one made up for them. But it didn't.

Only 4 episodes. I'd assumed more. I shall manfully stick with it to the end then.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Did you ever pay money to hear music performed by California funk-rock band the Red Hot Chili Peppers?

I saw them at the Reading Festival about 20 years ago. I paid for my ticket so technically yes. However I would have gone to the Festival whoever was playing so I'll say no! Do you think I'll get into the Good Place? 

2014 Challenged Cup Winner
3 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

I saw them at the Reading Festival about 20 years ago. I paid for my ticket so technically yes. However I would have gone to the Festival whoever was playing so I'll say no! Do you think I'll get into the Good Place? 

I’ve seen them a few times so I’m forked.  

• Haha 1

Derry Girls on Channel 4 got off to a good start (in my opinion).