Football

Just reading a report in the T&A and it says 'City fan Mick Gledhill, 27, said City deserved their win'

Is this the same?

Did he complain about the referee?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just reading a report in the T&A and it says 'City fan Mick Gledhill, 27, said City deserved their win'

Is this the same?

Can't be.

He was diehard Everton fan who only ever watched rugby league.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

& if Villa don't make it through to the final (6/1 or 7/1 to win), then Paul Lambert should be hung out to dry.

Losing to Premiership teams 8-0 is one thing, losing over 2-legs to a team ranked 2 divisions below is another.

It's like Wakefield losing to Thatto Heath

The Divisions may have been renamed so let's remember that Bradford are a Division 4 team!

Apologies to Division 4

It comes to something when the manager is complaining that we should have drawn 0-0, over a non-penalty.

FFS start scoring goals & winning games & then you can moan about divers.

Edited by Bleep1673

From the dim and distant past, the Nigerian Football team's 1949 tour of England. Playing barefoot, they beat Marine Crosby 5-2, watched by 7,000 people.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ah, the deathless fame of the Football star.

Some are remembered for winning the World Cup, some the Ballon d'Or... and then there's Habib Habibou.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Southampton ... up against Blackburn in the final of Britain's Most Clueless Football Club Owners.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/21079956

Simply unbelievable, Adkins has done nothing wrong, hope he lands a decent gig and can replicate the spell he had at Southampton.

Having seen him play many a time for Wigan, he's about the most unlikely lad you'd have picked out to make a success at it as a manager, every credit to him!

I see Fergie is complaining again about a decision not to award a penalty at Spurs. I recall him saying that these decisions even themselves out over a season, unless it's United!

I can understand 50:50s evening themselves out but that is as clear cut penalty as you'll likely to see. I tend to by on the side of the officials when it comes to decisions but that was just incompetence by the linesman and referee who had a clear view of the incident.

Fides invicta triumphat

I can understand 50:50s evening themselves out but that is as clear cut penalty as you'll likely to see. I tend to by on the side of the officials when it comes to decisions but that was just incompetence by the linesman and referee who had a clear view of the incident.

Surely, United have had the benefit of clear cut decisions for the opposition going United's way.

Surely, United have had the benefit of clear cut decisions for the opposition going United's way.

The Spurs shot that crossed the line a couple of seasons ago was only one I could think of. Saying that, goal line decisions are difficult to get right without the benefit of replay.

Fides invicta triumphat

Roberto Martinez will be pleased. He's now got a 33% better chance of keeping Wigan up once again.

Not sure about that, if we can't beat the likes of Sunderland at our place we've no right to be staying up.