Football

Matchfixing in Football.

"A Champions League tie played in England is one of 380 matches across Europe investigators say was fixed.

Some 425 match officials, club officials, players and criminals are suspected of being involved."

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rotten from top to bottom.

Puts Rugby League's problems into perspective. For those fans that actually have a sense of perspective, that is.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Matchfixing in Football.

"A Champions League tie played in England is one of 380 matches across Europe investigators say was fixed.

Some 425 match officials, club officials, players and criminals are suspected of being involved."

There are differnt scales of "fixing" though.

1. An associate once told me that he went years ago to a game where, from the kickoff, a forward passed the ball back to a defender who immediately booted it into touch. It seemed obvious that someone had a side-bet on the time of the first throw-in. That's not acceptable but it's not fixed the result of the game.

2. The English club that is being investigated need not have been involved in any scam. The away side might have come to lose.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Rotten from top to bottom.

There isn't a single professional sport that hasn't been 'influenced' by gamblers and/or gambling.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1. An associate once told me that he went years ago to a game where, from the kickoff, a forward passed the ball back to a defender who immediately booted it into touch. It seemed obvious that someone had a side-bet on the time of the first throw-in. That's not acceptable but it's not fixed the result of the game.

2. The English club that is being investigated need not have been involved in any scam. The away side might have come to lose.

Not to the Etihad, they didn't. :(

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

The former was especially common in the early years of online gambling when in-play markets came into being.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I know quite a few Jewish Spurs and they call themselves it.

they are entitled to, just as may black people refer to temselves as niggers: if yo are using such a term to refer to ouyrself then it can hardly abusive. Do you think there might be quite a few jewish fans who object to it?

What if a club had a large number of black fans? What would it be all right to call them?

the idea of rferring to a football club on the basis of the race of a group of its fans is sick.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Er...... Back to the subject. I reckon Bradford City actually have a chance against Swansea. From what I've seen of them they do better against better quality football sides rather than against the lower division bash and barge long ball merchants. That's my theory anyway.

Spot on.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Er...... Back to the subject. I reckon Bradford City actually have a chance against Swansea. From what I've seen of them they do better against better quality football sides rather than against the lower division bash and barge long ball merchants. That's my theory anyway.

They have chance but not much of a one.

One of the good things about soccer is that a team can occasionally beat a significantly more talented one, which rarely happens in rugby.