Football

Bradford keeper sent off for defending his goal. 4-0

Jeez, don't say Tim Roby was reffing again?

You've had a tough weekend. ;)

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Last night Paolo Di Canio resigned as Swindon Town manager. Today some bookies have him favourite to become the next manager of....

....Swindon Town.

Never a dull moment at my club. A win tonight and we go top. Come on Town!

Then he gets nicked for breaking into his office, sorry ex-office, maybe he thought he still worked there

Swansea 5-0 Bradford FT

• 2 weeks later...

Typical poor sportsmanship from Ferguson. He has form for this. He refused to talk to the BBC for ages after they dare criticise his son. Link

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

A bad bit of toy throwing by Fergie. In my biased opinion Man Utd were hard done by for the sending off and probably cost them progression in the CL. They have every right to feel aggrieved but as the figure head of the club, Fergie should've faced the press and been professional (perhaps this would've required him to bite his tongue whilst journalists would try to provoke him into a reaction).

I'm not usually one of conspiracy theories but something seems fishy to me about the sending off. English clubs playing in Europe often get dodgy decisions. Remember Chelsea a few years back where they got several fairly convincing penalty appeals turned down.

Fides invicta triumphat

A bad bit of toy throwing by Fergie. In my biased opinion Man Utd were hard done by for the sending off and probably cost them progression in the CL. They have every right to feel aggrieved but as the figure head of the club, Fergie should've faced the press and been professional (perhaps this would've required him to bite his tongue whilst journalists would try to provoke him into a reaction).

I'm not usually one of conspiracy theories but something seems fishy to me about the sending off. English clubs playing in Europe often get dodgy decisions. Remember Chelsea a few years back where they got several fairly convincing penalty appeals turned down.

Were Real hard done by for the goal that was disallowed, due to a supposed foul on Evra, that replays showed wasn't. Were Real hard done by when Rafeal cleared the ball off the line with his arm.

Simple fact is referee's ref the game differently in Europe to the way the english refs ref the Premier league. The Premier League is more physical and somethings you can get away with in Engalnd you can't in a lot of European comps.

His foot was high, Nani knows putting his foot up that high with studs showing he is risking a red card, so don't do it son.

Edited by scrape_goose

Surely its better to say nothing than say what he really felt? That sending off is why I get frustrated with football these days.

Don't the rules state that the manager has to attend, no matter what. In any event, you should be man enough to take the decision whether for or against. I recall Fergie moaning about injury-time consisting of five minutes, only then to say these things even themselves out when injury-time favoured United!

I used to take great pleasure from anything that made the 'Glaswegian one' turn a brighter shade of crimson. I no longer do.

I used to hate United and take great enjoyment from their misfortune. I no longer seem to care.

Is this a sign that I am getting old?

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I used to take great pleasure from anything that made the 'Glaswegian one' turn a brighter shade of crimson. I no longer do.

I used to hate United and take great enjoyment from their misfortune.

Slight editing, sorry.

Tony, I don't think it's a sign of age, it's a sign of caring for the elderly alcoholic, when his face turns the same colour as what he is drinking, thats when we worry.

If Ronaldo had celebrated scoring the winner like he normally did at Old Trafford, Fergies head would've exploded, although UEFA would still give him a fine for not turning up to the post-match press conference.

Slight editing, sorry.

Tony, I don't think it's a sign of age, it's a sign of caring for the elderly alcoholic, when his face turns the same colour as what he is drinking, thats when we worry.

If Ronaldo had celebrated scoring the winner like he normally did at Old Trafford, Fergies head would've exploded, although UEFA would still give him a fine for not turning up to the post-match press conference.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thinking of Fergie's head exploding. LOL

Edited by tonyXIII

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Player of the season, surely Suarez as been player of the SEASON. Yes bale has had a few good months. RVP started well but hasn't done nothing in last 2 month, Luis Suarez has been mr consistent all season. Loved gerrards quote saying if he don't he'll be the best player ever not to have won the award, and rightly so politics will be the only reason if he don't. That would be so wrong no one can doubt the lads ability on the field, and that's where the award should go to the player who has been the best all season!!!

Player of the season, surely Suarez as been player of the SEASON. Yes bale has had a few good months. RVP started well but hasn't done nothing in last 2 month, Luis Suarez has been mr consistent all season. Loved gerrards quote saying if he don't he'll be the best player ever not to have won the award, and rightly so politics will be the only reason if he don't. That would be so wrong no one can doubt the lads ability on the field, and that's where the award should go to the player who has been the best all season!!!

Agreed, I'd have him in my team like a shot (past transgressions pardoned).

Fides invicta triumphat