Football

Can't say a bad word about Messi though.

After tonight? I agree, mind you, after almost ending up resident in Barca, I do have a close following of everything they do, despite my previous photo after the Man U game last week.

From the Popbitch Mailout

:)

A chant heard at Malaga's Champions

League game yesterday (to the tune

of When The Saints Go Marching In).

"Oh Malaga, is wonderful,

Oh Malaga is won-der-ful,

It's full of ti ts, f~~~y and English,

Oh Malaga is won-der-ful"

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

• 2 weeks later...

Bluddy Targers won again today.

Not happy.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Not happy.

I knew you'd be pleased.

Huddersfield Town look as if they've got about as many fans as the Giants.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Not happy.

You really are having a bad weekend, aren't you? And it is such a looooooong weekend, too!

You're not a Boomtown Rats fan, are you? Hope you like Mondays!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I knew you'd be pleased.

Huddersfield Town look as if they've got about as many fans as the Giants.

"Warning! Steve May alert!"

You really are having a bad weekend, aren't you? And it is such a looooooong weekend, too!

You're not a Boomtown Rats fan, are you? Hope you like Mondays!

Thanks for reminding me. :angry:

First Hull game I'll miss at Wakey in absolutely yonks but I'm afraid I'm looking after number 1.

"Warning! Steve May alert!"

Oi!

:angry:

English, Irish, Brit, Yorkshire, European.  Citizen of the People's Republic of Yorkshire, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the European Union.  Critical of all it.  Proud of all it.    

Oi!

:angry:

:D Apologies but you are prone to the odd sensitive reaction on the crowd front. :ph34r:

Hull City 0 Watford 1. Marvellous.

Hull City 0 Watford 1. Marvellous.

Your Easter just keeps getting better and better. Happy yet? Or do you want MORE? :D

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

• 2 weeks later...

Not the best weekend as far as fans are concerned....

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Not the best by any means and there is a 'visual' problem when stewards are told, apparently, to not enter the fray once it becomes a public order offence.

We're a long way from the dark days of the 70s and 80s - and, as ever, no sport should be complacent - but it's not good.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Bluddy Targers now six points clear of third placed Watford with only four games left. Deary me.

I can see the gloryhunting season pass queues forming already.

It flies in the face of popular opinion, but I went to the game Saturday, took my 4 year old and every Millwall fan we came into contact with was good spirited, felt more like an RL event than a football match. I think the vast majority of both sets of fans were enjoying "the day".

Shame the idiots stole the limelight, can't help but think for the vast majority in the Millwall end it was probably there first and last game of the season, unless there 32k there on Saturday have a rota for games at the Den!

It flies in the face of popular opinion, but I went to the game Saturday, took my 4 year old and every Millwall fan we came into contact with was good spirited, felt more like an RL event than a football match. I think the vast majority of both sets of fans were enjoying "the day".

Shame the idiots stole the limelight, can't help but think for the vast majority in the Millwall end it was probably there first and last game of the season, unless there 32k there on Saturday have a rota for games at the Den!

The Millwall fans are clearly a bunch of pussies.

Not one of them, unlike our Geordie friends, attempted to punch a police horse.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

The Millwall fans are clearly a bunch of pussies.

Not one of them, unlike our Geordie friends, attempted to punch a police horse.

A group of Newcastle fans caused severe disruption to an amateur match when on their way to watch their side against Wigan Athletic. A lot of locals were deeply upset and offended. 

A group of Newcastle fans caused severe disruption to an amateur match when on their way to watch their side against Wigan Athletic. A lot of locals were deeply upset and offended. 

Wigan Cosmos, poor stewarding/police work the away coaches arrive next to the pitches were the Sunday League teams arrive.

To be fair to Newcastle they've come good as a club, replacing damaged nets, the stolen match ball and there hosting Wigan Cosmos for a game against NUFC staff at St James Park once the season is over.  Doesn't make right what happened, but at least Newcastle are making the effort.