Football

The Millwall fans are clearly a bunch of pussies.

Not one of them, unlike our Geordie friends, attempted to punch a police horse.

Reminded me of

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I wonder if the re-brand matters to the Cardiff fans now?

I know that sounds snarky but I don't know how to write it more sincerely! Chuffed to see the Welsh derby in the Prem next year though.

I think most fans have effectively ignored it.

I don't have great knowledge about this. However: -

- From reading comments in the Welsh press, the club is routinely referred to as the Bluebirds.

- From watching tv footage; the away strip is still blue and white and that's what the majority of the fans have purchased.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

I wonder if the re-brand matters to the Cardiff fans now?

I know that sounds snarky but I don't know how to write it more sincerely! Chuffed to see the Welsh derby in the Prem next year though.

They are still called the Bluebirds.

The ones I know don't care.

Swansea v Cardiff was tasty back in the day.  Opposing fans even had a battle at a Glamorgan cricket match once.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

They are still called the Bluebirds.

The ones I know don't care.

Swansea v Cardiff was tasty back in the day.  Opposing fans even had a battle at a Glamorgan cricket match once.

Nice.  :dry:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

To be fair, that's the trouble with supporting them. No shortage of morons.

I know, I lived in Cardiff for a bit. I worked with a few who supported them and they were great lads. But out and about in the city centre on match day, oh dear, some of them.

That said, I suppose you could say that about most football teams supporters; the majority are the good ones, but they have their bad ones.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Enough of this Premier League lark, its a travesty Formby won't be promoted to the North West Counties Premier on a technicality - hope the appeal goes there way!  Two points clear at the top of Division 1 with two games in hand and reported to have the best bar in the North West Counties, I've still to visit, not a good day on the football front!

Bluddy Targers now six points clear of third placed Watford with only four games left. Deary me.

I can see the gloryhunting season pass queues forming already.

If it makes you feel any better I bumped into an old mate of mine the other day who is a lifelong City supporter and he's pretty confident they could still blow it. I guess that's what a lifetime of supporting the 'bluddy targers' does for your belief.

He also trusts Assem Allam about as much as we do.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Enough of this Premier League lark, its a travesty Formby won't be promoted to the North West Counties Premier on a technicality - hope the appeal goes there way!  Two points clear at the top of Division 1 with two games in hand and reported to have the best bar in the North West Counties, I've still to visit, not a good day on the football front!

I know what you mean. But the pitch is built on a floodplain and below sea level and it's been absolutely hammered this season with all the rain we have had. As I live on the same road I pass it most days and it has been in a terrible state. 

United can win the title IF they beat Villa on Monday, @OT, actually thats not if, but by how many.<br /><br />Villa still have to play Chelsea who beat them 8-0 at the Bridge earlier.<br /><br />Plus we face Wigan, who may be in a do or die position the same as Villa on the last day of the season.

looks like suarez was a bit peckish during the match today- whats wrong with this lad?

it would break several forum rules to answer that question.

"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stuarts-photography/156268557729980

Did James Graham apologize via twitter wen he had a nibble on Billy Slaters ear? 

but to be fair whats worse? your robust arm in a footballers mouth for a few seconds or your ear in a scouse prop forwards gob in the heat of a touchline brawl!

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

So, a second ban for biting on top of his ban for racially abusing another player last year.  Surely that's deserving of a far longer ban, even if just to reflect that it's the third serious offence.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I was thinking about this on the train this morning... if Duncan Ferguson can get 3 months in jail for headbutting a fellow player, why are so many people complaining about the harshness of a 10 game ban for biting?  I'd be expecting more of a 10 month rather than 10 game ban.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"