Football

Is it worth mentioning Danny Grewcock's two month ban for biting Kevin Mealamu's finger?

10 games seems very lenient.

I think he got a reduction because it was a Chelsea player he bit.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

He had a bite to eat, but didn't pick up the Cech. Ban him!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Is it worth mentioning Danny Grewcock's two month ban for biting Kevin Mealamu's finger?

10 games seems very lenient.

Ten games will be much longer than two months. It's also worth pointing out its ten league games so friendlies and internationals won't count.

GET IN WATFORD!

Here's to Barnsley doing the business tomorrow.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Things going marvellously at Oakwell, Barnsley.

2nd bottom 2 2nd top 0.

2nd bottom 2 2nd top 0.

Can't say I'm that bothered either way but I'm pleased you're pleased.

Peter Swan sounded about ready to top himsen just now on the radio.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

2nd bottom 2 2nd top 0.

Got mixed feelings about Barnsley. After what he did for Rochdale, I'm really pleased that Dave Flitcroft is making a fight of it in his first job in charge. On the other hand, relegation might get him the sack and could lead to the dream-team partnership with Keith Hill being re-established at Rochdale. As Keith seems to have made a good start on his own anyway, on balance I'll go for Barnsley staying up and 'Flicker' getting his first bit of 'success'.  :)

This bloke is a moron and a waste of time.

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/national/10384581.Marlon_King_arrested_after_crash/

Check out the section Incidents and legal cases on his Wikipedia page

Agreed.

And an ex Hull City player as well.

During an unsavoury incident in a nightclub, it was reported in the local press that after a female turned him down he asked her "Do you know who I am?".

Had she worked in the legal profession, she may well have done.

Queued up for FA Cup final tickets yesterday, priced at £45, £65, £85 and £115 with £10 off for concessions.

Some people queueing around me making some real sacrafices to be able to afford to go and genuinly concerned that as all the £45 section had sold out that if they couldn't get a £65 ticket they couldn't stretch to £85, which I'm sure if we don't sell our full allocation won't get a mention.

I see Liverpool are struggling to cope without the peckish Luis Suarez - just the six goals, then...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Queued up for FA Cup final tickets yesterday, priced at £45, £65, £85 and £115 with £10 off for concessions.

Rugby fans would wait for the discounts.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

And of course well done to Gareth Bale on his Player and Young Player of the Year award.

Thoroughly deserved,

Just wish as a Spurs fan though that he could curb the occasional needless fall to the floor,

Still best make the most of this season as I think he will be gone next.

You just know we will finish fifth you see.

well done to Gareth Bale on his Player and Young Player of the Year award.

Still best make the most of this season as I think he will be gone next.

I think you're right. Spurs are reportedly the world's thirteenth-richest club, and therefore are not short of a few bob. Despite this,  the Spurs board have always been prepared to sell their best players if the price is right. 

http://citywire.co.uk/wealth-manager/the-worlds-top-20-richest-football-clubs/a653393#i=13

Apparently, the club are willing to double his wages to £150,000 per week "just to keep him". In fact, that would also boost any calculated transfer fee whilst leaving him on lower money than 8 other Premiership players.

http://hamrofootball.com/2013/02/11/highest-paid-footballers-in-the-premier-league/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2289308/Tottenham-ready-offer-Gareth-Bale-40m-stay-White-Hart-Lane--EXCLUSIVE.html

A cynical observer might think that by raising his wage by £75,000 per week, and thus boosting his transfer value by (say) £10million, the club could sell him before the September transfer deadline for an extra £10million for a net additional outlay of £1.5million.

New Bentleys all round in the boardroom?

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Remember that cheating Swansea ballboy? Well, according to The Times, his parents are the club's major shareholders and are worth £50million.

Did someone at The Times only just get around to reading the press coverage from the day after?