Football

An appalling slur on the people of this fine city? If the cap fits...... Leeds V Hull, CCSF?

What did they want him to say Hulligans?

Mind you, he only chairs the club, it's not his to muck about with the name without consulting those who pay through the turnstiles, especially these days.

One thing slightly worries me though, if he does rebrand City as Tigers, City fans will have to buy an entire months wages (or whatever) to replace everything they've bought with the "City" logo, with newer "Tigers" stuff.

PS, will Castleford try to take them to court for copyright breach, like Denver Broncos did when Brisbane Broncos announced their name, or should we inform the Detroit Tigers management?

Although this is out of order:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25174266

Edited by Bleep1673

An appalling slur on the people of this fine city? If the cap fits...... Leeds V Hull, CCSF?

What did they want him to say Hulligans?

Mind you, he only chairs the club, it's not his to muck about with the name without consulting those who pay through the turnstiles, especially these days.

One thing slightly worries me though, if he does rebrand City as Tigers, City fans will have to buy an entire months wages (or whatever) to replace everything they've bought with the "City" logo, with newer "Tigers" stuff.

PS, will Castleford try to take them to court for copyright breach, like Denver Broncos did when Brisbane Broncos announced their name, or should we inform the Detroit Tigers management?

Although this is out of order:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25174266

That statement was in the link I posted and the one my comment was aimed at.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

And Pattie butties

So actually, you're saying pattie butties aren't culture? Tut, tut.

As for Allam's quote of "I don't mind them singing City 'til I die, they can die as soon as they want", well, he's just gone and declared to anybody interested what a f***ing nutjob he is.

I will follow his relationship with the fans of Hull Tigers with interest. (Only a little, tbh...)

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

So actually, you're saying pattie butties aren't culture? Tut, tut.

As for Allam's quote of "I don't mind them singing City 'til I die, they can die as soon as they want", well, he's just gone and declared to anybody interested what a f***ing nutjob he is.

I will follow his relationship with the fans of Hull Tigers with interest. (Only a little, tbh...)

Were have I said that, you couldn't get more cultural than potato and herbs deep fried in a bread cake mmmmmm......

Ha ha, just read another bit of Allam's quote..."I'm a simple man."

I think most observers would go a bit further than that in less than complimentary descriptive terms.

I'm sure they do unlike OF the miserable old git  :ph34r:

I don't know. You should have seen him tucking into his Hull tapas in Whalebone yesterday.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Were have I said that, you couldn't get more cultural than potato and herbs deep fried in a bread cake mmmmmm......

Well, seeing as there's a lull in interesting proceedings, I'll continue the squabble.

Ullman stated the "scousers were only here for the culture."

You added "And pattie butties"

Therefore you seemed to be suggesting pattie butties needed including as they couldn't be included in "the culture".

I rest my case.

Up yours.

Well, seeing as there's a lull in interesting proceedings, I'll continue the squabble.

Ullman stated the "scousers were only here for the culture."

You added "And pattie butties"

Therefore you seemed to be suggesting pattie butties needed including as they couldn't be included in "the culture".

I rest my case.

Up yours.

Up yours too  :tongue: (will we get banned now after going off topic .... note to mods he started it)

Ha ha, just read another bit of Allam's quote..."I'm a simple man."

I think most observers would go a bit further than that in less than complimentary descriptive terms.

I think your earlier description wasn't far off (OK it was spot on).

The man comes across as a complete fruitcake and a spiteful one at that.