Football

Football and their players are doing their bit to show the 'we're all in it together' spirit.......

It was annoiunced on North-West news in a celebtratory manner, as though it was great news. I had to turn over

Edited by shaun mc

Meanwhile, down in Steps 9 and 10 on the pyramid, Morpeth Town travelled all the way to Eastbourne United AFC (Eastbourne's third team, it appears) for the FA Vase fifth round.  It did not end well.  Within a minute they were down to ten men, by the end they were down to 8 and on the wrong end of a 6-1 scoreline.  Eastbourne trouser £2.5k for winning, Morpeth get half the gate receipts and a big fuel bill.

Also notable for it being Tiny Ginger's first soccer match (not first sport, that was Hemel v Oldham last year) and he took a photo just as the game was kicking off:

12701671044_80e7fd1d0a_c.jpg

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Morpeth get half the gate receipts and a big fuel bill.

I'm reliably informed the home side foots the bill for away team travel, there's a few squeaky bum moments I'm led to believe in the early rounds with teams flying in from the Chanel Islands and Isle of Man!

I'm reliably informed the home side foots the bill for away team travel, there's a few squeaky bum moments I'm led to believe in the early rounds with teams flying in from the Chanel Islands and Isle of Man!

That explains the quality of the coach I saw then.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

That explains the quality of the coach I saw then.

lol - also explains why you don't see away teams "park the bus" in the early rounds, no fecker can afford a reply despite the obvious advantages a mid-week fixture at home miles away from your opposition may throw up on paper!

Nice pics by the way, better than the tripe I served up yesterday day in a 5-1 drubbing for Wigan Robin Park anyhow!

Gibralter are now officially part of UEFA, I have just had a look via Google maps they visitors shouldn't have far to travel from the airport terminal to the Ground, as it's right next to the runway.

Indeed.  They got in a couple of years ago and have had U19/U21 fixtures until their first senior qualifying tournament.  They are in Scotland's group for Euro 2016 qualifying.

Gibralter are now officially part of UEFA, I have just had a look via Google maps they visitors shouldn't have far to travel from the airport terminal to the Ground, as it's right next to the runway.

Isn't higginbottom their captain.

Germans. Stereotyped as humourless by many. Not so!

BhjKg9fIcAAeJSX.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

If any of you are in the Greater Eastbourne area this Saturday get yourselves over to Eastbourne United AFC for their FA Vase Quarter Final tie against Ampthill Town.  The visitors have been scoring goals for fun in the Spartan South Midlands and Eastbourne have won their last two matches 6-1 so this will almost certainly be 0-0.

However, it's a fiver for grown ups, three quid for JohnM and free for anyone under 16 (Hindle?).

The buffet does nice hot dogs.

Tempting.

do the do concessionary prices on hot dogs?

If you ask nicely you might get an extra sausage.

I'm currently writing a piece for my website about discrimination relating to women's football and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or experience on the subject? Their sport has made giant strides since being banned from FA affiliated grounds in 1921 but still faces prejudice today. Tam Cowan from the Daily Record took a huge swipe at their participation in an article written last September. 

As for junior football in Lancashire, the Lancashire FA are experimenting by asking supporters to remain silent during a match. This decision is to see if youngsters enjoy the game more without distraction. 

Edited by Saint Billinge

I'm currently watching events unfold at the KC Stadium yet I still can't quite believe it...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

...and they've managed to avoid Arsenal and Man City in the semis.

They must be strong favourites to beat Sheff Utd, be interesting to see, if they reach the final, whether it affects the magic weekend tickets or not.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Hull City v Sheffield United?  That's a proper semi final.  Shame it's at Wembley.

...and they've managed to avoid Arsenal and Man City in the semis.

They must be strong favourites to beat Sheff Utd, be interesting to see, if they reach the final, whether it affects the magic weekend tickets or not.

Man City have now avoided Arsenal in the semi.  ;)

Trust the blues!  :sleep:

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Man City have now avoided Arsenal in the semi.  ;)

Trust the blues!  :sleep:

And the mighty citeh season shrinks yet again.

What you are aware of you are in control of; what you are not aware of is in control of you.

Hull City v Sheffield United?  That's a proper semi final.  Shame it's at Wembley.

Agreed. It's just not right.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.