Football

Just dropped a mate and his daughter off at the KC this morn. Even before 7am, Hull was like a Saturday afternoon in terms of folk and traffic numbers. I suppose they'll all be going with an air of confidence, after all, Hull City Tigers have played 1 and won 1 at that "W" place....wonder what that feels like.  :( 

Nice to see the Botanic pub full of ale swilling fans at an unearthly hour, wonder how much of the game they'll see?

As for the game, 2-0 to the Blades, I reckon.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Just dropped a mate and his daughter off at the KC this morn. Even before 7am, Hull was like a Saturday afternoon in terms of folk and traffic numbers. I suppose they'll all be going with an air of confidence, after all, Hull City Tigers have played 1 and won 1 at that "W" place....wonder what that feels like.  :( 

Nice to see the Botanic pub full of ale swilling fans at an unearthly hour, wonder how much of the game they'll see?

As for the game, 2-0 to the Blades, I reckon.

I'm just about to head off out on the push iron so hopefully the feckers will all be in the boozer and off the roads.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Well, at least I got the 2 right. Up to now.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Seeing the 96 empty seats at Wembley on Saturday, along with the 96 names displayed around the ground was moving.

Shocking organisation for what I thought was mean't to be a minutes silence, that became part silence, part clapping and part singing "You'll never walk alone" in some sections as nobody in the ground didn't seem to know what form the minute should take. 

There were some fans chanting through the Minute Silence at Swansea. The TV should have filmed them and shaved them.

:dry:

This isn't Albania you know!?! :)

Chelsea fans behaving like sub-humans eh? Who'd have thought it?

Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

Moyes has left Man Utd

Reportedly "sacked", rather than "left".

I honestly thought United had a bit more about them than to do this. Less than a year into the job. I know it's not gone brilliantly, but it was always going to take time for him to get it right. Even Ferguson would have had to change things round a bit and wait for the changes to bed in. I know the "business" side of things will be increasing the pressure, but even so, it's a bit "knee-jerk" from the reds.

As a (lapsed) City fan, this is good news for us. The more they chop and change their manager, the longer it will take them to get the results they want.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I honestly thought United had a bit more about them than to do this. Less than a year into the job. I know it's not gone brilliantly, but it was always going to take time for him to get it right. Even Ferguson would have had to change things round a bit and wait for the changes to bed in. I know the "business" side of things will be increasing the pressure, but even so, it's a bit "knee-jerk" from the reds.

As a (lapsed) City fan, this is good news for us. The more they chop and change their manager, the longer it will take them to get the results they want.

The fairest thing to do would be to sack their Chief Executive as well as he must share half the blame.  If Moyes had joined with the same on in charge when Fergie was there then it'd probably be a different story now.  Inexperienced manager (inexperienced in managing a club with big budgets and bigger ambitions, that is) as well as an inexperienced Chief Executive meant a fairly ###### summer last year giving no momentum for this season.  I doubt it'd be better this summer either so either the Chief Executive or Moyes would have to go with one being replaced by a big hitter.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

The whole Manchester United organisation and fanbase are stunned by the current lack of success.  They are struggling to cope with the actual concept of such a situation.

They should bring in Steve McNamara, he could give expert advice.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

..and the players, to.  Really looks like  a case of player power  cos they didn't like the new regime.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27119820

It's funny to hear Keene telling players that they should be ashamed of themselves for disloyalty towards their coach.

Though tbf to him there was a perfect opportunity for a pop at Alex and he didn't take it.

The papers are full of it being a Glazer decision, debts have to be serviced and the share price is falling.

At least it won't take United as long as it has taken City or Liverpool 'to get the results they want'!

We'll be back in the top 4 in the next season or two.

Man U timed this to divert attention from Burnley's promotion back to where they really belong.

As conspiracy theories go, that is the worst I've heard. :tongue:

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I honestly thought United had a bit more about them than to do this. Less than a year into the job. I know it's not gone brilliantly, but it was always going to take time for him to get it right. 

There is word that they would have sacked him far earlier, but that they needed to miss the Champions League to be able to sack Moyes without paying a heavy severance package. The story goes that the Everton loss made it official that United can't qualify for Champions League officially, which is why the announcement was made a few days after.