Football

Following Giggs's press conference this morning it is clear, to me at least, that the managerial gig is now a poisoned chalice. Any potential managre now knows that he is going to have to deal with Ferguson's Midwich Cuckoos. A clearer and more disgraceful case of player power I have yet to see. Shame on them: Man U as it really is.

As conspiracy theories go, that is the worst I've heard. :tongue:

Nonsense.

Do not believe the lamestream media.  It is the only explination that makes sense.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Following Giggs's press conference this morning it is clear, to me at least, that the managerial gig is now a poisoned chalice. Any potential managre now knows that he is going to have to deal with Ferguson's Midwich Cuckoos. A clearer and more disgraceful case of player power I have yet to see. Shame on them: Man U as it really is.

Even more interestingly Man Utd have come out and said that the next manager will be told to win the Premier League in their first season. No pressure then.

I actually found that interesting.

I might need help.

I found it interesting enough to work out if I thought any of them were wrong.  I think Newport's is based on Spytty Park rather than where they are now (Rodney Parade).

I also love the rants from some of the Brighton fans on that thread.  Makes us lot seem normal.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

This season sees the first PFA Team of the Year without a Manchester United player in it since this (rather tasty) line-up):

1989-90 team of the year :

Neville Southall

Lee Dixon
Des Walker
Alan Hansen
Stuart Pearce

David Platt
Steve Hodge
Steve McMahon
John Barnes

Peter Beardsley
Gary Lineker

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Man U timed this to divert attention from Burnley's promotion back to where they really belong.

Ah for the old team Ray Pointer Jimmy Mac and co.Great side that pity they had Spurs to contend with

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Some of us are!

Speak for yourself!

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

It's a good job they don't do one for union... You'd need widescreen monitors for some clubs!

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Anfield is nearer Liverpool City centre than Goodison, so don't know where they get their figures from.

reading the thread further it says it went to the centre of Everton

That reminds me of the old chestnut of a quiz question round here: Q, "Which professional Merseyside football club's ground is closet to the river Mersey?" A, "Tranmere Rovers."

:)

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

That reminds me of the old chestnut of a quiz question round here: Q, "Which professional Merseyside football club's ground is closet to the river Mersey?" A, "Tranmere Rovers."

:)

New Brighton Tower FC

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

In my opinion, 11-player Football will decline and Futsal will become popular than 11-player Football.  The same happened in Handball, 11-player Handball (100m*60m) disappeared and today "Handball" means 7-player Handball.

In my opinion, 11-player Football will decline and Futsal will become popular than 11-player Football.  The same happened in Handball, 11-player Handball (100m*60m) disappeared and today "Handball" means 7-player Handball.

As much as I love my futsal I just can't see that happening.

What is futsal? Sounds suspiciously made up...although I know it isn't

Its the only form of five aside thats recognised by FIFA and often credited with giving Spain, Portugal and Brazil football players far more technically competent than ours on the ball, but this probably explains it better than I can.

Speaking with a specators hat on I find it an intriguing game to watch can go through slow spells then bursts into life, players roll on and off in a 12 man squad so everyones always "fresh" and restarts and keepers time on the ball is strictly kept to 3 seconds and the clock stops when the balls out of play so its 20 minutes of actual ball in play time each half.

The English comp is just reaching its final stages with "Super League" under way which sees the top teams in the regional leagues grouped into national leagues with the 4 group winners having a play-off weekend in London.  Then there's the Futsal FA Cup at the "Copper Box" in June to look forward to.

Seeing England beat Cyprus and Lithuania in Lithuania last year in the European Championships was one of the best sporting spectacles I've witnessed in the flesh.

Got a gig tomorrow photographing my first Ladies game at the Velodrome in Manchester looking forward to seeing how it differs from the mens game.

Yep. Totally agree with you. Indoor 5-a-side soccer will totally replace the global phenomenon that is football in 5 to 10 years.

Its the only form of five aside thats recognised by FIFA and often credited with giving Spain, Portugal and Brazil football players far more technically competent than ours on the ball, but this probably explains it better than I can.

Speaking with a specators hat on I find it an intriguing game to watch can go through slow spells then bursts into life, players roll on and off in a 12 man squad so everyones always "fresh" and restarts and keepers time on the ball is strictly kept to 3 seconds and the clock stops when the balls out of play so its 20 minutes of actual ball in play time each half.

The English comp is just reaching its final stages with "Super League" under way which sees the top teams in the regional leagues grouped into national leagues with the 4 group winners having a play-off weekend in London.  Then there's the Futsal FA Cup at the "Copper Box" in June to look forward to.

Seeing England beat Cyprus and Lithuania in Lithuania last year in the European Championships was one of the best sporting spectacles I've witnessed in the flesh.

Got a gig tomorrow photographing my first Ladies game at the Velodrome in Manchester looking forward to seeing how it differs from the mens game.

Futsal's rules are decided by FIFA.  11-player Football rules are decided by IFAB.  This partially explains why Futsal rules are more logical than Football.

And the number of a squad has been increased from 12 to 14.

There is a problem in Futsal's rules.  That is goal-throw.  In Futsal, play is re-started by goal-throw unlike Football's goal-kick.  So there must be a Goalie (Goalkeeper) who can use hands.  For that reason, in the case of power-play (when goals are necessary, all 5 on-pitch players do offense like Ice Hockey's last minutes), there still must be a Goalie.  Goal-kick should be allowed, and the rule that there always must be a Goalie must be abolished.

Yep. Totally agree with you. Indoor 5-a-side soccer will totally replace the global phenomenon that is football in 5 to 10 years.

I also think in 10 years time Snooker will be played on the mini tables that you can buy in the Argos catalogue.