Football

Futsal's rules are decided by FIFA.  11-player Football rules are decided by IFAB.  This partially explains why Futsal rules are more logical than Football.

And the number of a squad has been increased from 12 to 14.

There is a problem in Futsal's rules.  That is goal-throw.  In Futsal, play is re-started by goal-throw unlike Football's goal-kick.  So there must be a Goalie (Goalkeeper) who can use hands.  For that reason, in the case of power-play (when goals are necessary, all 5 on-pitch players do offense like Ice Hockey's last minutes), there still must be a Goalie.  Goal-kick should be allowed, and the rule that there always must be a Goalie must be abolished.

I don't follow your point on goalkeepers at all, seeing a team go "fly" is a pretty regular occurrence and managed pretty well I think in the existing rules of the game.

I don't follow your point on goalkeepers at all, seeing a team go "fly" is a pretty regular occurrence and managed pretty well I think in the existing rules of the game.

There is a rule that "There must be a Goalkeeper on pitch" in both Football and Futsal.  But I think that this rule should be abolished for the Ice-Hockey style power-play in the end of game.

There is a rule that "There must be a Goalkeeper on pitch" in both Football and Futsal.  But I think that this rule should be abolished for the Ice-Hockey style power-play in the end of game.

A player on the pitch must be the nominated goalkeeper, which makes sense given he's the only player who can handle the ball.  In reality the fly keeper spends most of his time in the opposition half due to the 4 second rule and the ball crossing the half way line rule before it can be passed back to him so he's very much on the "offensive".

So really not sure I get your point as your not comparing like with like when you compare to Ice Hockey.

There is a rule that "There must be a Goalkeeper on pitch" in both Football and Futsal. But I think that this rule should be abolished for the Ice-Hockey style power-play in the end of game.

I think jumpers should be used as goalposts too. Imagine the sponsorship opportunities for knitwear manufacturers - the Benetton goalposts, John Smedley's, etc

A player on the pitch must be the nominated goalkeeper, which makes sense given he's the only player who can handle the ball.  In reality the fly keeper spends most of his time in the opposition half due to the 4 second rule and the ball crossing the half way line rule before it can be passed back to him so he's very much on the "offensive".

So really not sure I get your point as your not comparing like with like when you compare to Ice Hockey.

Really I do not understand your point, but do you agree with me on the point that there is no necessity for the rule that "there must be a Goalie on the pitch"?

Edited by sigesige00

Really I do not understand your point, but do you agree with me on the point that there is no necessity for the rule that "there must be a Goalie on the pitch"?

No I think that would be ridiculous, one player has to be nominated to be allowed to handle the ball.

I can now see that this will actually replace pro soccer within 5 years.

Its a great sport and very complimentary to football in terms of developing skills, but to suggest it will "replace it" is just silly talk!

No I think that would be ridiculous, one player has to be nominated to be allowed to handle the ball.

In Football, there is no such necessity.

In Futsal, one player who can use hands is needed because of goal-throw, but this problem can easily be solved by allowing goal-kick like Football.

In Football, there is no such necessity.

In Futsal, one player who can use hands is needed because of goal-throw, but this problem can easily be solved by allowing goal-kick like Football.

So you switch fly and nobody can make a save?  Really?  You'll see an already high risk strategy that is very much boom or bust simply not used at all.

Out of interest do you watch much futsal?  Are you in the UK?  Who's your team?

So you switch fly and nobody can make a save?  Really?  You'll see an already high risk strategy that is very much boom or bust simply not used at all.

Out of interest do you watch much futsal?  Are you in the UK?  Who's your team?

Please understand what we are discussing.  We are not discussing "what tactic is better?", but "what rules are necessary?".

Power-play tactic is used when a side desperately needs goals--like score is 1-3 and remaining time is 5:00.  In such case, there is of course high risk of conceding goals.  (The same can be said about the power-play tactic in Ice Hockey etc.)

Please understand what we are discussing.  We are not discussing "what tactic is better?", but "what rules are necessary?".

Power-play tactic is used when a side desperately needs goals--like score is 1-3 and remaining time is 5:00.  In such case, there is of course high risk of conceding goals.  (The same can be said about the power-play tactic in Ice Hockey etc.)

I fully understand, I would suggest that the fly keeper works well in Futsal as is, to do away with it would mean adjusting to many rules and I think that would be detrimental to the sport as I tried to outline already so I'll not try again.

Away from getting bogged down in rule changes would love to understand why you think Futsal has the potential to grow at the rate your posts suggest and what your thoughts are on the UK game as a keen follower myself of the National Leagues. 

I'm off to Manchester Ladies this afternoon be interesting to see how that contrasts to the male version of the sport.

When we used to play in the street or any grass that was spare, we rarely had full teams or actually even sides so we used 'rules' like 'goalie when' ( keeper could join in with general play but was nominated goalie) and 'goalie panic' (nearest person could act as goalie anytime)

I can now see that this will actually replace pro soccer within 5 years.

Goalie when. Classic. How shortsighted are FIFA for not having this in the rules. Also, 11 player football (before it disappears) needs to be played on tarmac with a tennis ball.

I'm off to Manchester Ladies this afternoon be interesting to see how that contrasts to the male version of the sport.

I am a fan of Glasgow City Ladies, but they are amateur!  Women's sports are not strong in Scotland.

I think jumpers should be used as goalposts too. Imagine the sponsorship opportunities for knitwear manufacturers - the Benetton goalposts, John Smedley's, etc

Agreed. Plus attack and defence, or three and in. You could change sponsorship for the latter during the game.

What you are aware of you are in control of; what you are not aware of is in control of you.

Agreed. Plus attack and defence, or three and in. You could change sponsorship for the latter during the game.

I've had another thought that'd make it even more 'authentic' - you have to play in your school shoes!

I've had another thought that'd make it even more 'authentic' - you have to play in your school shoes!

I just had shoes, none of this school shoes nonsense. ;)  Any footwear, including pumps.

Plus long keks only allowed with at least one oil in em.

Edited by Grollo

What you are aware of you are in control of; what you are not aware of is in control of you.

Its a great sport and very complimentary to football in terms of developing skills, but to suggest it will "replace it" is just silly talk!

What's the matter with you?

Have you no foresight?

The only thing to hinder the progress of this versiin of football is if it's in the rules that one of the players actually owns the ball.

I've had experience in the past where, if things weren't going quite the way he wanted, the owner simply went home with the ball.

This may stand in the way of global domination.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I've had experience in the past where, if things weren't going quite the way he wanted, the owner simply went home with the ball.

World Soccer authorities have been trying to get the USA more involved in the game for decades. This rule alone would see it sweep the nation replacing all others as America's No1

World Soccer authorities have been trying to get the USA more involved in the game for decades. This rule alone would see it sweep the nation replacing all others as America's No1

To become more popular in North America, Soccer must increase the number of goals and decrease the number of draws drastically.

Isn't this the Australian approach to international Rugby League? ;)

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dear Lord, I hadn't realised the quality of European cup football next season would plummet so low...

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull-City-fans-celebrate-European-football/story-21055308-detail/story.html

At least it may provide a few laughs on telly and perhaps, unfortunately, a little concern for the North Sea branch of P&O Ferries.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Dear Lord, I hadn't realised the quality of European cup football next season would plummet so low...

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull-City-fans-celebrate-European-football/story-21055308-detail/story.html

At least it may provide a few laughs on telly and perhaps, unfortunately, a little concern for the North Sea branch of P&O Ferries.

Ah, good luck to 'em, the first trip away were ever it maybe will be a cracker, Wigan dropped unlucky this season with the Russian trip being thrown in the mix, but I hear the 12 or so fans that made the 2,500 mile trip enjoyed themselves! 

Be interesting to see how they fair, Wigan wouldn't sell you tickets till you could prove you had travel and accommodation in place, which I'm sure is standard practice but is very much chicken and egg when your not sure of getting a ticket.  For Slovenia the only way we could ensure getting a ticket was the club trip, but at £450 quid each for two nights we decided to keep hold of our 900 quid and spend it on something else! 

Bruge was the best away trip I've ever been on mind...............

Ah, good luck to 'em, the first trip away were ever it maybe will be a cracker, Wigan dropped unlucky this season with the Russian trip being thrown in the mix, but I hear the 12 or so fans that made the 2,500 mile trip enjoyed themselves! 

Be interesting to see how they fair, Wigan wouldn't sell you tickets till you could prove you had travel and accommodation in place, which I'm sure is standard practice but is very much chicken and egg when your not sure of getting a ticket.  For Slovenia the only way we could ensure getting a ticket was the club trip, but at £450 quid each for two nights we decided to keep hold of our 900 quid and spend it on something else! 

Bruge was the best away trip I've ever been on mind...............

Enjoy it while you can. 11 player football will soon be gone. Illogical rules.

FA proposes a League Three - made up initially of B teams of Premier League sides - to sit between League Two and the Conference.

Apparently B teams in league systems is the sole reason why Spain are so good.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)