Football

Agreed.

I'm less concerned about the "Jump like a black man" comment as that's become something of a common cultural reference since that hilarious basketball based film with the spod from Cheers, but again I am surprised just how deep the stereotype regarding Jewish people and money is ingrained in all sorts of  peoples' consciousness.  

The black Italian soccer star whose goals have fired Italy into the final of the Euro 2012 soccer championships on Sunday, was raised by a Jewish Italian foster mother from the age of three

http://www.timesofisrael.com/the-improbable-jewish-heritage-of-italys-ghana-born-goal-scoring-eccentric/

... that sleep experts were called in to design the players’ bedrooms, selecting wallpaper with light circular patterns

They could have just pinned up a poster of the England Rugby Union team.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

The black Italian soccer star whose goals have fired Italy into the final of the Euro 2012 soccer championships on Sunday, was raised by a Jewish Italian foster mother from the age of three

http://www.timesofisrael.com/the-improbable-jewish-heritage-of-italys-ghana-born-goal-scoring-eccentric/

Irrelevent, and you know it. You're too good at playing the fool to actually be one.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

Just watched Match of the Day. Why do pundits and commentators insist on saying "simulation"? Everyone else calls it CHEATING!!!

Because diving is an important part of the game now. 

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Another top result for Hull Tigers yesterday.

I'm assuming Sunderland will do the business on Boxing Day so all I want for Christmas is a Leicester City victory on the 28th.

That would be marvellous.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Another top result for Hull Tigers yesterday.

I'm assuming Sunderland will do the business on Boxing Day so all I want for Christmas is a Leicester City victory on the 28th.

That would be marvellous.

Oh yes

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Actually, the local story is that he was falling from a bridge. Very sad.

Rumours suggest that, but the press seem to be doing the right thing (so far) and avoiding such speculation of a sensitive thing.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I wasn't really aware of his Footballing career, but I've heard him speak in his other capacities as pundit and for the PFA, and he certainly came across as a decent sort. It's never a good time for this kind of thing to happen, but before Christmas must be doubly awful.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

So, Sunderland lost 3-1 at home to Hull Tigers yesterday.

Having seen the "highlights" on BBC1 last night, it appeared to me that, when in their own penalty area, Hull Tigers' players are allowed to handle the ball more often than an outside back in rugby union.

This after Steve Bruce was moaning about the referee having a shocker at Stamford Bridge when Hull Tigers lost 2-0 the other week.

"Who gets away with cheating the most wins", seems appropriate to me.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

So, Sunderland lost 3-1 at home to Hull Tigers yesterday.

Having seen the "highlights" on BBC1 last night, it appeared to me that, when in their own penalty area, Hull Tigers' players are allowed to handle the ball more often than an outside back in rugby union.

This after Steve Bruce was moaning about the referee having a shocker at Stamford Bridge when Hull Tigers lost 2-0 the other week.

"Who gets away with cheating the most wins", seems appropriate to me.

I'm sure today's events at the KC will have cheered you up though.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

To a dispassionate viewer, the last five minutes of the Southampton v Chelsea was funny to watch. I was 1-1 and both sides were desperate not to lose. Cue wholesale fouling, diving and feigniing injury in every challenge. Both teams and the occupants of their benches benches furious and highly animated with every decision. When the referee finally blew for time, everyone shook hands and walked off the best of friends.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police