Football

I think Bradford City are playing their next FA cup game on Feb 15 at home. I wonder if it will have any affect on people who might be going to Leigh for the first game?

I don't think it'll have too big an impact to be honest - we've clashed with City before in recent seasons without to big an impact either way. I think the two things in our favour although City did well in the last round it isn't the most amazing draw they could have had, and we are away. I think if we'd have been playing at Odsal that day and they had drawn Man U it would be different. Away games are pretty much the die hards - not saying there isn't crossover but not as much.

Edited by Amber Avenger

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

I don't think it'll have too big an impact to be honest - we've clashed with City before in recent seasons without to big an impact either way. I think the two things in our favour although City did well in the last round it isn't the most amazing draw they could have had, and we are away. I think if we'd have been playing at Odsal that day and they had drawn Man U it would be different. Away games are pretty much the die hards - not saying there isn't crossover but not as much.

25% of Valley Parade will be given over to Sunderland anyway so Bradford City won't be able to sell as many tickets to casuals as they would do if it was a suddenly important league game.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

25% of Valley Parade will be given over to Sunderland anyway so Bradford City won't be able to sell as many tickets to casualties as they would do if it was a suddenly important league game.

Amended for accuracy.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Amended for accuracy.

That's not really worked.  You can do better than that.

Speaking of insane violence, looked like fun at the African Cup of Nations last night ...

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Can you imagine the reaction if this happened in rugby. Yet there has been no mention of it on the BBC breakfast news this morning. 

Clearly you don't follow football, and that's fine. The Nigel Pearson story has been a rather big deal... You yourself have just linked to a Guardian article that is no. 1 story in popularity, has 3,000 shares and 500 comments. Not really sweeping under the rug is it? 

Clearly you don't follow football, and that's fine. The Nigel Pearson story has been a rather big deal... You yourself have just linked to a Guardian article that is no. 1 story in popularity, has 3,000 shares and 500 comments. Not really sweeping under the rug is it? 

Indeed. If this happened in rugby of either code - outside of a final - I doubt it would be any kind of deal at all.

Can you imagine the reaction if this happened in rugby. Yet there has been no mention of it on the BBC breakfast news this morning. 

There has been a lot of extreme violence in PNG matches over the years yet I do not recall the British media showing much interest in it. There are still regular articles in the media regarding violence and tragedy that occurred decades ago. If this happened in the UK it would be treated very differently. The media considered alleged corruption in the World Cup bids at FIFA to be far more newsworthy (until officials in the English bid were implicated).

If the bubble ever bursts, it would be financial carnage.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I see there are plans for Friday evening Premier League matches - seems like Thursday fixtures were the thin end of the wedge for RL.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

According to "PM" spending on the Premier League amounts to 17% of all TV spending.  The audience for Premier League amounts to 1% of the total TV audience.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Football IS subscription TV.  Every other sport is filler.  Sky had to win the lions share, their whole business depends on it.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!