Football

Not really. He said sorry after stamping on someone - but not to the player he stamped on.

Yes, but if I stamped on Tony Blair ...

... no, you're right, I wouldn't apologise to anybody.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

The Football Conference has signed a three-year TV deal extension with BT and will now go by the name of National League.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see Leicester City making a late bid to stay in the Premier League.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

The Reading goalkeeper won't sleep well tonight.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The official Doncaster Rovers match highlights reel. Rugby Union could learn from this...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The official Doncaster Rovers match highlights reel. Rugby Union could learn from this...

Inver Caley Thistle's twitter account was the star of their shock cup semi final win over Celtic.  This article has some, but not all, of their excellent work.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/North-Ferriby-players-free-leave-FA-Trophy/story-26391687-detail/story.html#ixzz3YPrvzDVg

A statement issued over the weekend by the Forsters claimed they have invested £250,000 in the last two years into the Villagers.

The Mail understands at least one playericon1.png at the club has been earning in excess of £700 per week, with many others on contracts which are also worth hundreds a week.

Whilst these deals have resulted in unprecedented on-the-field success, gaining promotion to the Conference North and winningicon1.png at Wembley, the owners no longer wish to plough in as much cash as they have been for the past two years.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

At least it's not a total walk away, there are plenty of those in non league football.  I imagine (hope) the budget will be pared back to one more in keeping with a standard Northern Premier League side which they seemed to be able to be without needing extra unsustainable investment.  

The Allams pulling the plug on their non league side project seems to have stirred things up a little in this part of the world.

Their motto should be "Seek and destroy".

Their motto should be "Seek and destroy".

They do seem to be on a mission, The.disgraceful treatment of the community groups using the Airco Arena shows them up for the type of people they are.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Yesterday my son's team went 1pt clear at the top of North Wiltshire u15 Division 2, with a game in hand, and 4 more games to play.

Next Sunday they play the 2nd placed side. Hopefully next week they'll be 4pts clear, with a game in hand, with 3 more games to play. C'mon Croft!!!

This is the only football I watch nowadays and it's great as their coach won't except diving or arguing with the ref. Substitution to any player who does either!

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

The useless, useless scouse bleeders!

The useless, useless scouse bleeders!

Unbelievable! They can't even roll over those bums, and every season they think "Ehhm, this is our year!"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Does this mean that AFC Bournemouth will be top of the Premier League....until a ball has been kicked at least?

I swear I remember a mate saying to me 'I'm off to City v Bournemouth on Saturday. .' That can't have been that long ago? 2..3 years? What happened?

Drew 1-1.

Next Sunday they play the 2nd placed side. Hopefully next week they'll be 4pts clear, with a game in hand, with 3 more games to play. C'mon Croft!!!

!

A brilliant 4-1 win! #nearlythere

http://full-time.thefa.com/ProcessPublicSelect.do;jsessionid=5F3F3D292B4F49A394874C8A0D4F8FE1?psSelectedSeason=342351115&psSelectedDivision=5648037&psSelectedCompetition=0&psSelectedLeague=8577245

2014 Challenged Cup Winner