Football

Humberside Police received hundreds of calls from alarmed residents in the Anlaby Road area of Hull earlier this evening following what sounded like a large explosion. Fortunately, it appears to have been just a bubble bursting.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Humberside Police received hundreds of calls from alarmed residents in the Anlaby Road area of Hull earlier this evening following what sounded like a large explosion. Fortunately, it appears to have been just a bubble bursting.

Sounds like the Targers are warming up for their traditional post-Christmas form collapse.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Sounds like the Targers are warming up for their traditional post-Christmas form collapse.

Must be the change in the weather. 

They capitulated once it reached the eighties at the Etihad the other night.

• 2 months later...

Not much interest in football but my eyebrows shot up a bit at the Etihad goings on today. as I've a mate who's from Leicester and is a fan.

Splendid!

Not much interest in football but my eyebrows shot up a bit at the Etihad goings on today. as I've a mate who's from Leicester and is a fan.

Splendid!

It is a real story for the Premier League, seeing a 'little' club bothering the established big names. And playing some good Football in the process too.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

And the day just got a whole lot better thanks to events at Turf Moor this afternoon.

Might have to open some claret later to celebrate.

And the day just got a whole lot better thanks to events at Turf Moor this afternoon.

Might have to open some claret later to celebrate.

Got a friend coming round who's a big Targers fan.

I know what to offer him to drink now. Thanks for the tip, mate.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

You supply the claret, he'll supply the blue(s)!

Give up with your references to Man City, you swine! Not only have my rugby team lost heavily, but my former love have now gone down at home to some upstarts from God knows where. (Where is Leicester, btw?)

It's too much for a man to take, I tell you! Leave me to suffer alone!

This is rather a nice drop of wine I'm drinking, and I've a whisky to console myself with later. On the whole, life is great! It's only a game, after all. :beach:

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Got a friend coming round who's a big Targers fan.

I know what to offer him to drink now. Thanks for the tip, mate.

A hot Benedictine might have been in order.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2772859/Welcome-world-s-biggest-consumer-French-Benedictine-liqueur-A-working-men-s-club-Burnley-1-000-bottles-year-stuff.html

Who'd a thunk it?

Much to my amusement my mate walked in just as Sky Sports were showing Burnley's winner.

• 3 weeks later...

Premiership managers, back in their playing days.

CcdgueeUcAU__3e.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I love the magic of the FA Cup.

• 3 weeks later...

England to definitely win the Euro's this summer ! Ok, well maybe...

Actually they played well last night and it was a good game to watch. Much less boring than normal.

https://youtu.be/W_CmbFynqM0

A ringing endorsement for the round ball game as I've ever heard. :P

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

As an Aston Villa fan, I wish I'd never started this thread.

Bottom of Premiership, No Manager, & Gabriel Agbonlahor, our only striker, of any worth, suspended for doing what anybody with his stupidity would do. I'm sending my them my CV tomorrow.

As an Aston Villa fan, I wish I'd never started this thread.

Bottom of Premiership, No Manager, & Gabriel Agbonlahor, our only striker, of any worth, suspended for doing what anybody with his stupidity would do. I'm sending my them my CV tomorrow.

It is a rough period, but I really think you should be optimistic for the future.

It is not uncommon to have rough spells that drag on for years, but ultimately, things will turn around.  There are lots of other potential employers you can try before resorting to Villa.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

It is a rough period, but I really think you should be optimistic for the future.

It is not uncommon to have rough spells that drag on for years, but ultimately, things will turn around.  There are lots of other potential employers you can try before resorting to Villa.

C/O CEO

Aston Villa FC

Villa Park

Birmingham

B6 6HE

Dear Sir,

I would like to apply for the vacant position of manager of your football club. I have no experience of managing a football club, but then again Rafa Benitez was a teacher before his first appointment. I have managed in the NHS, which has a bigger bunch of prima donna, don't know what they are doing idiots than the premier league, so I think I'm fully qualified to manage Villa, if not more so, because I am a supporter since 1973 when Villa were in the old 3rd division.

Yours,.....Etc

C/O CEO

Aston Villa FC

Villa Park

Birmingham

B6 6HE

Dear Sir,

I would like to apply for the vacant position of manager of your football club. I have no experience of managing a football club, but then again Rafa Benitez was a teacher before his first appointment. I have managed in the NHS, which has a bigger bunch of prima donna, don't know what they are doing idiots than the premier league, so I think I'm fully qualified to manage Villa, if not more so, because I am a supporter since 1973 when Villa were in the old 3rd division.

Yours,.....Etc

You couldn't do any worse

2014 Challenged Cup Winner