Football

Seville were excellent. Liverpool lost the plot a little. The best side won.

Absolutely... Moreno for example had a shocker 2nd half and is being slated by the commentators; not 1 but 2 mistakes inside those first 17 2nd half seconds set the tone.

FA Cup final 2016 = dire

There's a Football match on today?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Scottish Cup Final was a tremendous match. And I was pleased that through judicious (lucky) changing of the channels the only bits of the FA Cup I saw featured all three goals and the sending off.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

In other words, business as usual.

That is why Manchester United attract more spectators than all Superleague clubs combined. RL is a great game but why do fans on here have to denigrate football? I am at St James Park now and I m sure a lot of fans like both,and even a few like me like RU too!

That is why Manchester United attract more spectators than all Superleague clubs combined. RL is a great game but why do fans on here have to denigrate football? I am at St James Park now and I m sure a lot of fans like both,and even a few like me like RU too!

Because as a special it's very, very dull. (IMO)

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Because it is as dull as dish water, a third of games end in a draw (1 in 10 is a scoreless draw), it's full of prima donnas and cheating is endemic.

Because it is as dull as dish water, a third of games end in a draw (1 in 10 is a scoreless draw), it's full of prima donnas and cheating is endemic.

This from someone who dribbles on about the pharmacology roadshow that is professional cycling.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

This from someone who dribbles on about the pharmacology roadshow that is professional cycling.

That's right ginger one. That's right.

Incidentally, the apparent lack of soccerball players caught taking drugs, particularly 'recreational' ones, is simply further evidence of cheating and corruption. They aren't tested often and the tests lack any rigour. Does anyone seriously believe that soccer ball players are not using drugs? I'd have to be on something just to watch it!

Edited by WearyRhino

That's right ginger one. That's right.

Incidentally, the apparent lack of soccerball players caught taking drugs, particularly 'recreational' ones, is simply further evidence of cheating and corruption. They aren't tested often and the tests lack any rigour. Does anyone seriously believe that soccer ball players are not using drugs? I'd have to be on something just to watch it!

I don't know if anyone believes it or not.  It's notable that players don't get tired towards the end of matches any more though.  The naive put that down to gains in nutrition and training.  Just like the woefully dull think it's possible to ride a Tour de France without chemical support.

I don't know if anyone believes it or not.  It's notable that players don't get tired towards the end of matches any more though.  The naive put that down to gains in nutrition and training.  Just like the woefully dull think it's possible to ride a Tour de France without chemical support.

The woefully dull are too busy watching woefully dull soccerball and woefully dull US sports.

Incidentally, athletics and baseball are way ahead of all other sports in terms of positive drug tests. I believe  you have professed a liking for baseball. Each to their own.

Edited by WearyRhino

Life would be woefully dull without 'chemical support'. I'm currently enjoying my preferred version (ethanol) in my local taverna. Cheers!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I enjoy Football at times, but my interest is drifting in the same direction as my interest in Cricket - competitive Internationals still grab my interest, but club games less so.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

England v Wales in Lens, June 16th & they have banned the sale of alcohol for 24hrs to avoid trouble. But officer, it's my birthday.

Actually it is my 54th.

Honestly.

Pint? Or Birthday? ;)

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

England v Wales in Lens, June 16th & they have banned the sale of alcohol for 24hrs to avoid trouble. But officer, it's my birthday.

Actually it is my 54th.

Honestly.

Ban is for all four days that Lens is hosting matches.

Well, I must say that I'm not very happy today.

:(

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Well, I must say that I'm not very happy today.

:(

City have just made more money from one game than FC have probably made in their entire history. Yep I can see pitch/stadium issues for your boys next season. Edited by Wiltshire Rhino
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

Yup, the Tigers' nitwit megalomaniac owners will be even more bumptious than usual, following yesterday's result.

I expect them to throw their weight around even more now.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yup, the Tigers' nitwit megalomaniac owners will be even more bumptious than usual, following yesterday's result.

I expect them to throw their weight around even more now.

I doubt that the main man will be throwing anything around much at the moment.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I doubt that the main man will be throwing anything around much at the moment.

He has people to do that for him.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

If I wasn't in france I'd have been at Wembley today.

20 games into the season baaaarnsli were rock bottom on a club record run of 9 defeats on the bounce.

They've now won twice at Wembley. Rock n roll!!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)