Football

• 1 month later...

Hull Tigers have sacked their manager, Mike Phelan.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/hull-city-sack-mike-phelan-live-the-latest-news-reaction-and-next-manager-odds/story-30029389-detail/story.html

He was doing such a good job as well.  :(

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

They have made a good appointment with Marco Silva I think. If they back him in the transfer window then it will be interesting. 

At least they have tried something different stay up. They were just in freefall with apathy from support ers.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Niels said:

He has made a successful impact already. They looked confident again on Saturday with organisation and pace. 

They have some difficult games now so be interesting to see how they progress.

Wait until they play Fulham in the Cup on January 28th. I hope they turn up with a near full strength team as I have paid a whole ten quid to watch this. It will be a good test for Fulham (and Hull) who I hope will still be in with a chance of a play off spot later in the season. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Could do with the Mackems winning at the Palace today.

:clapping:

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 5:58 PM, Stirlin said:

Sin bin to be introduced in footy , plus only captain allowed to speak to ref being looked at , owt else they could adopt from RL ?.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38824937

13-a-side? Scrums instead of free kicks? Make players play for peanuts? Salary Cap? Relegate former champions (Oh they do that)

Edited by Bleep1673
  • Like 1

Well, the Mackems certainly came up trumps but that was supposed to coincide with several goals for the Scousers at the KCOM and that, unfortunately, didn't go quite as I'd hoped. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Liverpool Rover said:

Instead of people saying "remember when Leicester won the league?" It will be "remember when Leicester won the league and were relegated the year after?" Most of their players don't look interested.

Even worse, I had Leicester in an FA Cup sweepstake.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 11:18 PM, Liverpool Rover said:

Instead of people saying "remember when Leicester won the league?" It will be "remember when Leicester won the league and were relegated the year after?" Most of their players don't look interested.

aye, but they've won something in football since EFC/LFC have done

On 2/21/2017 at 3:01 PM, Bleep1673 said:

aye, but they've won something in football since EFC/LFC have done

I rather doubt whether LR will be too bothered about that as I think he's a Hull lad living over there.