Football

Following yesterday's bomb attack, Borussia Dortmund organised their supporters to offer overnight accommodation for visiting Monaco fans, due to the match postponement. Nice.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

16 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Following yesterday's bomb attack, Borussia Dortmund organised their supporters to offer overnight accommodation for visiting Monaco fans, due to the match postponement. Nice.

No, it was definitely Monaco.

;)

• Like 1

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

On 19/03/2017 at 4:31 PM, Northern Eel said:

Meanwhile, in a bid to keep football affordable, Bradford City are once again selling their season tickets (this time for 17/18) at £149 adults, £5 for kids. This effectively means that a family of 4 can watch a game for £13.40 inclusive. This price is irrespective of the league that they are in next season, with a chance of that being the championship. They expect to sell 20,000. That's cracking stuff. 

17,700 sold with 4 games of THIS season left. 

29 minutes ago, Liverpool Rover said:

Anyone else watch the Milan derby this morning. Inter were 2-0 up until the 83rd minute when Milan pulled one back and then they equalised in the seventh minute of stoppage time.

No but I recorded it. :angry:

(I haven't really.)

• Like 2
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Hastings United are basically into the Ryman South play-offs following a 4-4 draw at Lewes today. They're the highest scorers in senior football (as their twitter never tires of saying) so their goal difference is such that Carshalton would need to win (and Hastings lose) whilst overturning a 28 goal deficit next week.

In other Sussex news, Brighton are in the Premier League.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

31 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Some goal by Matic at Wembley... wow!

Tottenham's second, scored by Dele Alli, was a beaut as well.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 4/22/2017 at 6:37 PM, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Swindon Town back in Division 4! Not a happy bunny! :girlwah:

Haha!!!!

Sorry, there was an old Oxford Cavaliers article from ten years ago on my Facebook feed and I am back in the mindset again.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

9 hours ago, Bob8 said:

Haha!!!!

Sorry, there was an old Oxford Cavaliers article from ten years ago on my Facebook feed and I am back in the mindset again.

Your swear filter isn't working!

O****d - mine is though! :good:

Hopefully Swindon St George will do the double over Cavs this season.

_20170425_070405.JPG

Me in 2008, in Swindon St George’s first ever game, against Cavs. My first game for 14 years. 38 is not a good age to resurrect a RL "career" ;)

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

44 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Your swear filter isn't working!

O****d - mine is though! :good:

Hopefully Swindon St George will do the double over Cavs this season.

_20170425_070405.JPG

Me in 2008, in Swindon St George’s first ever game, against Cavs. My first game for 14 years. 38 is not a good age to resurrect a RL "career" ;)

Great photo! I left in 2007, so you missed this vintage.

17917881_10155359607152873_3345855519543872324_o.jpeg

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

6 minutes ago, Niels said:

Is anyone watching the Manchester derby? Bit scrappy so far. 

Leeds v Huddersfield on the other side. Why watch anything else? :cool: 

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

leeds utd just need to win their last match by 14 goals and hope Fulham lose and its play off time

I think that Gary Monk has done well to get the Peacocks in contention for the playoffs this season with that squad. Whether he will be there next season remains to be seen, given the the manager attrition rate at Leeds in recent times and his decent performance with the team this term.

1 minute ago, longboard said:

I think that Gary Monk has done well to get the Peacocks in contention for the playoffs this season with that squad. Whether he will be there next season remains to be seen, given the the manager attrition rate at Leeds in recent times and his decent performance with the team this term.

I would think gm would be snapped up by a team with a better squad, money and ambition before the boot comes from leeds

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile