Football

Andorra just beat Hungary 1:0!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I saw that result too. I saw Andorra play Portugal on Sky last year and they were very aggressive and physical. 

The Sweden winner in injury time from the half way line was a great goal.

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

Cross posting time.

Today is the return of the Oldest International Match, in Scotland v England, and the oldest Cricket International rivalry with England v Australia

What? Haven't they finished that bloody cricket match yet?;)

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

30 minutes ago, JonM said:

Great win in the world cup final for England u-20s.

30 minutes of hurt/never stopped me dreaming

It doesn't scan very well...

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, JonM said:

Great win in the world cup final for England u-20s.

England 1 Venezuela less.

Good penalty save by the English Keeper though, and Venezuela were unlucky in the 1st half to hit the post, great follow up to score the goal off his own shot.

• 1 month later...

Carolyn Radford (Mansfield Town FC) wants your vote to get onto the FA Council. You might want to pour bleach in your ears after listening to this, but it won't work...

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Carolyn Radford (Mansfield Town FC) wants your vote to get onto the FA Council. You might want to pour bleach in your ears after listening to this, but it won't work...

Inspirational.

The Austrian women's team celebrate beating Spain. :D 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 months later...
On 31/03/2017 at 4:55 PM, gingerjon said:

Panama have never made it and they're currently lying in one of the qualification places in the final round of CONCACAF qualifying.

I just saw the you tube video of them making the finals, it was great to watch. Delighted they made it.

It makes it more incredible that they qualified instead of the USA and that Canada didn't even make the play offs. 

• 1 month later...

Has any team been relegated from the top tier all the way to the fourth in successive seasons?

I was just wondering....:whistle:

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

2 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Has any team been relegated from the top tier all the way to the fourth in successive seasons?

I was just wondering....:whistle:

Targers struggling again?

Wipe that grin off your face.?

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

15 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Targers struggling again?

Wipe that grin off your face.?

I'm quite sure I have no idea what you're implying.

• Haha 1
With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

55 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

I did. Maybe a I checked an unreliable source.

I'm pretty certain it hasn't happened in English soccer.

Remember it has to be in successive seasons.

Not successive but Swansea City went from Division 4 to Division 1 and back to Division 4 in eight seasons starting in 1977-8.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Not successive but Swansea City went from Division 4 to Division 1 and back to Division 4 in eight seasons starting in 1977-8.

Were they connected to the World's first bungee cord?

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

What about Huddersfield Town?I n the 70s they played in every Football League division.I m not sure of their up and downs however. By the way they were unlucky today versus City.

39 minutes ago, bazzzz65 said:

What about Huddersfield Town?I n the 70s they played in every Football League division.I m not sure of their up and downs however. By the way they were unlucky today versus City.

1970-1971 They were in Division 1; by 1975-6 they were in Division 4. They remained there until 1980 when they again reached the giddy heights of Division 3.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)