Football

• 2 weeks later...

Currently rooted to the foot of the Championship, Sunderland have only won 4 games all season and only one at home when they beat Fulham on December 16th 1-0.

So it's nice to see their long suffering fans are currently enjoying a halftime lead at home to Hull Targers, 1-0.

Don't suppose it will last though...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

....but then again, maybe it will.

Finished Mackems 1 Bluddy Targers 0.

Targers now 4th from bottom and looking good for their strive for a second successive relegation.

48 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Targers now 4th from bottom and looking good for their strive for a second successive relegation.

And the Allams trousering a second successive parachute payment. They must be very pleased with the way things are going.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

4 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

I thought they were just turning the corner with the Russian manager when he was dismissed. 

19 hours ago, Niels said:

I thought they were just turning the corner with the Russian manager when he was dismissed. 

Probably why he was sacked.

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

More good news for Hull Targers

Hope they go well on Saturday in the cup, a decent run in that is what they need. 

I may go to see Westfield this afternoon.  There are several teams called Westfield or Westfields but this is the one just outside Hastings.

Their pitch is too small and any balls hit too high at one end cause problems on the A28, their ground burnt down so the clubhouse is a cargo container, and they can no longer be promoted as the rules in their league changed and they don't even meet the requirements at a basic level for the division above. They have plans and costings for a new ground over the road but council obstruction and usual nonsense means it's unlikely ever to be anything more than a nice drawing.

But it is a great place to go.

And here's a splendid photo essay about them from a year or so ago.

(And that whole site is worth looking at.)

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 27/01/2018 at 9:48 AM, gingerjon said:

I may go to see Westfield this afternoon.  There are several teams called Westfield or Westfields but this is the one just outside Hastings.

Their pitch is too small and any balls hit too high at one end cause problems on the A28, their ground burnt down so the clubhouse is a cargo container, and they can no longer be promoted as the rules in their league changed and they don't even meet the requirements at a basic level for the division above. They have plans and costings for a new ground over the road but council obstruction and usual nonsense means it's unlikely ever to be anything more than a nice drawing.

But it is a great place to go.

And here's a splendid photo essay about them from a year or so ago.

(And that whole site is worth looking at.)

I'm sure you will all be disappointed to learn I did not go to Westfield.

Instead I saw Hastings beat Molesey 3-0.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

48 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I'm sure you will all be disappointed to learn I did not go to Westfield.

Instead I saw Hastings beat Molesey 3-0.

Spurious connection time.

My Ex-partners, oldest daughters, Ghanaian husband, had a trial for Hastings in 2016, HE turned THEM down.

Nice ground at the Pilot Field, when I first moved just off Elphinstone Road, back in 2010, I went to see a Hastings match, god knows who they were playing, but it was the weekend before the pier burned down.

Edited by Bleep1673

FA Cup 2017/18

5th Round

Sheffield Wed v Notts Co/Swansea City

WBA v Southampton

Chelsea v Hull City

Leicester City v Sheffield Utd

Huddersfield Town/Birmingham City v Manchester Utd

Millwall/Rochdale v Newport Co/Tottenham H

Brighton & HA v Coventry City

Wigan Ath v Manchester City

Edited by Bleep1673

9 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

FA Cup 2017/18

5th Round

Chelsea v Hull City

Bah!

Looks like Bluddy Targers will be concentrating on the league soon. :sad:

Bluddy Targers 0 Leeds United 0 is tonight's Championship result from the KCOM Stadium.

That makes four successive league games in which they've failed to score. Immediately prior to that run they drew 2-2 with Fulham on the 30th December. Before that game they played three successive league games without scoring.

If you look collectively at their last eight league fixtures it doesn't make pretty reading for any of the teams involved :

Hull City's last eight fixtures : P8 W0 D4 L4 F2 A6 Pts2, so in their last eight games they have failed to win one yet the opposition have only scored six goals between them, two of which were in the 2-2 draw with Fulham.

Why does anybody pay to watch that boring sh*te?

Former Hull City boss Phil Parkinson masterminds a 1-0 win for Bolton tonight over 5th place Bristol City....

....which takes them out of the championship relegation zone to be replaced by Hull City, now third from bottom.

It's going to be a rather nervy afternoon at Deepdale for Nigel Adkins and co tomorrow.