Football

chelski have signed a pretty unheralded goalie for double what they’ve sold courtois for , presumably due to his contract not having left to go . Seems a ridiculously massive sum to pay 

Edited by DavidM

What is it with mourinho ? He has a dream job they’ve spent billions in reality and he’s looked miserable all summer and every interview is similar . He’s managing Man Utd !

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Who has the rights to EFL this year, I'd heard Five had lost them?

Highlights are on Quest at 9pm; live matches on Sky.

• Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Every time I catch that Sunday supplement thing on Sunday morning it’s like Groundhog Day - they talk about the same few clubs and the same few people . Watching Sky you’d swear there was 6 or 7 teams in the prem

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 1

On 8/11/2018 at 9:06 AM, DavidM said:

What is it with mourinho ? He has a dream job they’ve spent billions in reality and he’s looked miserable all summer and every interview is similar . He’s managing Man Utd !

Rumour has it that Mourinho will be gone by Christmas. That would be a shame, as he's made United what they are today.....?????

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/sports/article/2001292029/zidane-wants-to-replace-mourinho-at-old-trafford-next-season

See's referee Bobby Madley trending on twitter...

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

28 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Wow , the complete media love in over Liverpool has gone into overdrive early this season 

I thought exactly the same. The media are completely over the top. 

They got a soft penalty as usual, red card decision in their favour again. 

Apologies to fans on here ☹. 

If I can raise a serious general point I can see why the big teams, city admirably excepted, voted against VAR. 

In the world cup VAR levelled out any big team bias and without it they all went out. 

• Confused 1

4 games into the season and the first sacking!  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Why do people still hire Steve McLaren?

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

23 hours ago, tim2 said:

Why do people still hire Steve McLaren?

the same reasons people still hire bouncy castles, full of wind and air, fun for a short while then you get the deflated feeling and they go back to where they came from ready for the next gig

• Haha 2

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

The managerial merry go round is a joke ... same names go around from club to club . Whenever someone gets sack and they show the odds there they are . Failures who’ve had more clubs than Greg Norman , and in between jobs they’re on sky telling everyone else how to do it 

Losing 2 nil to Preston, at home! Leeds are falling apart again!

I'm glad we're out to be honest. The League has to be the focus. 

Also as an aside anyone who wants to moan about challenge cup drop offs in attendances look at some of the crowd figures for these games!

• Confused 1

They should ask teams if they wanna enter this comp as it seems sides cant wait to get out of it . I never understand why prem clubs outside the top 6 play weakened sides - this is your shot to reach Wembley and even win something , and give fans a bit of excitement outside the norm . Champ teams play more games and they often do better !