Football

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/21/2018 at 10:18 AM, DavidM said:

Wow , the complete media love in over Liverpool has gone into overdrive early this season 

This week has been a bit of a respite ?

I just can't cope with them winning every game and then reading and hearing about how marvellous they are. 

Apologies to "Gerrumonside ref" who has been nice to me on the forum ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Niels said:

This week has been a bit of a respite ?

I just can't cope with them winning every game and then reading and hearing about how marvellous they are. 

They are a good side; a very good side in fact. So are Chelsea though under this manager and Hazard playing so well; excellent point for Liverpool - not many sides will take anything away from Stamford Bridge this season. City still the team to beat though...

• Like 1

Great result for Preston today, beating Wigan 4-0 which lifts them off the foot of the championship....

...and sends Hull Targers to the bottom.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

58 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Jose’s finger tips getting prized off the edge of the cliff one by one ...

Mourinho wants that Trump text thing, only on a bigger scale, so everyone on the entire planet can receive an SMS reading "Your fault, not mine" on a weekly basis.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Futtocks said:

Mourinho wants that Trump text thing, only on a bigger scale, so everyone on the entire planet can receive an SMS reading "Your fault, not mine" on a weekly basis.

Very rarely you see him like this , seemingly clueless about what to do

Went to Dover on Saturday to watch DAFC V Salford City FC. I think they might have a chance, it finished 4-1 to Salford with a certain ADAM Rooney getting a hat-trick. Almost entertaining given that it was lashing down for the entire 90 mins.

I see Croatia have decided to create a 'Salford-style' atmosphere for tonight's match vs England. ?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Anyone else fed up of hearing the egotistical whining of Pogba and Hazard , one obviously thinks he`s a better manager than Mourinhio and the other has always wanted to play for Real Madrid as any other Belgian would .The only reasons players want to go to Real is for the money , the fact you only have about a dozen competitive games a season and all the other players are as good as you are , so the work load is far less. More money for less effort .

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Glenn Hoddle in hospital. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46002170

Leicester City's owner in helicopter crash. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-46006470

And an elderly Brighton (I think) fan died at the match.  

Not a great day.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

This doesn't look good.

Sympathy to all, dreadful.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

On 10/27/2018 at 11:09 PM, Padge said:

This doesn't look good.

Sympathy to all, dreadful.

Terrible . I keep thinking of that spellbinding day when Andrea Bocelli sang on the pitch , especially time to say goodbye . Talk about extreme to extreme . Very very sad 

So a European Super League proposed.  Who will tell them its been tried before? ?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

48 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Remember the legendary  Brazilian names... Rivelino , Zico , Jairzinho , Socrates etc etc .... lately Everton have had a Jo , now have a Bernard , and United have a Fred . I mean really ... 

Check some of these out!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson