Football

Sky Sports News and most of the press seem to want to urge Utd to get Ponchettino from Spurs .Why would he want to take a backward step .For years Spurs (like Everton) have continually sold their best players to Utd , if they ever want to become more than just a Team which develops players and lets them go , it`s time they showed their fans they mean business and keep their manager .Unless that is  they think 4th or 5th every year is acceptable .

6 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Sky Sports News and most of the press seem to want to urge Utd to get Ponchettino from Spurs .Why would he want to take a backward step .For years Spurs (like Everton) have continually sold their best players to Utd , if they ever want to become more than just a Team which develops players and lets them go , it`s time they showed their fans they mean business and keep their manager .Unless that is  they think 4th or 5th every year is acceptable .

Pochettino will have more money to play with at United than he ever will at Tottenham Hotspur. 

I think Spurs board have shown their fans the scale of their ambition by building a brand new state of the art stadium.

I believe Manchester Utd have lost some prestige in recent years, but as things stand they are still a more attractive prospect for any ambitious manager than the Londoners.

• Like 1

United have thrown plenty of money down the pan looking at their recruitment . There’s plenty of  players there that aren’t putting it in , are past it or aren’t good enough taking huge wedges out weekly . They need a big change and turnover to fix that , it looks rotten . Huge task , but it’s still a huge job to . I’d think Poch will go in the summer as their profile worldwide is ginormous and they’ll give him anything he wants to get it right . Spurs are going good but will they make the next level on the financial disciplines they stick to and with the new stadium to finance ? We’ll see but it’s a head turner I’d think 

• Like 1

Glad to see the premier league isn`t as predictable this season with Spurs joining the race .Top 3 looking sharp , Chelsea too hot and cold though , and Arsenal could be in a false position the defence if anything is worse than last year , they`ve already let 24 goals in , 2 more than Newcastle .

One of the worst games I've ever been to yesterday.

Positives being that the Pilot Field has Bovril again and that Hastings won.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

This afternoon I will be off to Rugby Town (formerly VS Rugby and still called 'Valley' by their fans). In the past fifteen years they have played in the Southern League, the Northern Premier League, the Midlands Football League and, now, the United Counties League.

Two sideways moves and two relegations but four leagues.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)