Football

Just now, Bleep1673 said:

According to Wiki, Juventus used to play in pink and Black, but changed to Black and White stripes to Honour Notts County.

Germany wears green as it's second colour to honour Ireland, as they were the first country to play them after the second world war

In a show of extreme apathy from United  it seems like Martial has took the ‘ I can’t be bovvered ‘ approach to new lows and has virtually gone on strike today. He hasnt even bothered running  about 

7 minutes ago, DavidM said:

In a show of extreme apathy from United  it seems like Martial has took the ‘ I can’t be bovvered ‘ approach to new lows and has virtually gone on strike today. He hasnt even bothered running  about 

Real problems at that club. It’s rotten. Solskjaer will be gone by Xmas.

8 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Germany wears green as it's second colour to honour Ireland, as they were the first country to play them after the second world war

That's a myth and not true, Ireland weren't even the first country to play Germany after the war.

Oh, the humanity! Bodies falling left, right and centre...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Congratulations to Aston Villa for beating a club record that has stood since 1910. Ten wins in a row. Form team of the moment.

Leeds Utd (A)

Norwich City (H)

Our last 2 matches, could we make it 12? We'll see.

Just out of interest, Villa Lost to both clubs in the reverse fixtures, 2-1 at Norwich, and surrendered a 2-0 lead to lose 3-2 on 23rd Dec to Leeds

3 hours ago, Liverpool Rover said:

Tonight's Manchester derby will decide the title. It must be the first time ever that Liverpool fans will want Man Utd to win a game.

I hope utd don't win a draw will do. Its Burnley the Liverpool fans will be supporting on Saturday. 

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

So Eric Cantona has an Instagram account ...

Eggcellent 

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Just now, Bedford Roughyed said:

Eggcellent 

To be honest, no egg related punnery is going to save my soul now.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

So Eric Cantona has an Instagram account ...

Probably told this story on here before.

I was travelling in Indonesia 25+ years ago. The railway line got washed away by a landslide and I ended up having to kill most of a day at a bus station. This was a time and place where white people were still pretty unusual and kids would be touching my hand to make sure I was real.

Anyway, got talking to some local youths. Their English was a few words, my bahasa indonesia also a few words. After a while, we established that I was from England. Turns out the only famous "Englishman" they knew was Eric Cantona.

• Haha 1

I expect Utd to be much improved from the Everton game but still not be good enough against City. I don’t think this is the only difficult game City have left. In fact I wouldn’t fancy having their last four games against teams motivated for different reasons. Even so I wouldn’t put it past City winning them all anyway. I also don’t like the look of Wolves as Liverpool’s last game of the season. A team who has performed well against the top 6 sides all year.