Football

No matter what happens from this point on, this is some Liverpool side. They’ve gone toe-to-toe all season with arguably the best Premier League side ever. And now this... absolutely astonishing.

Edited by GeordieSaint
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

No matter what happens from this point on, this is some Liverpool side. They’ve gone toe-to-toe all season with arguably the best Premier League side ever. And now this... absolutely astonishing.

And tonight without two of their best players. It's a phenomenal effort.

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

He has a job to do and he’s doing it. 

Well that’s one way of looking at it . His job is to score goals , but it  includes lots of cheating and unsavoury behaviour then on top of being good at football,  and has through his career. ‘ it’s all part of the game ‘ is why cheating has become so ingrained and accepted . He’s a good player but a very tarnished player through his own acts 

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Meh, it's really not a big deal. Or a deal at all tbh.

This big club criticism of City helps Liverpool and United fans feel good about themselves.

I remember some Bradford fans always boasting how big a club they were compared to the likes of Wire, even as they were on a rapid decline. I've never really 'got' the big club thing. It's odd imo.

Okay fair enough.

• Like 1

As an Everton fan in the context of English football I detest Liverpool , but in Europe I want our teams to do well . And that there was phenomenal , against so much . 

• Like 5

Fantastic result for Liverpool. Well done!

• Like 2

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

As an Everton fan in the context of English football I detest Liverpool , but in Europe I want our teams to do well . And that there was phenomenal , against so much . 

There is something about Anfield in Europe. Unbelievable Jeff! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I will be watching the game tonight and I think the crowd will have a big role to play.

I believe Liverpool need an early goal to give themselves a chance.

It could get exciting even if Barcelona score if Liverpool have established a big lead first.

You were right. Well done. ?

The early goal and crowd were important.

We couldn't get out BT stream going so had to follow by text.

Edited by Niels
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Hasn’t this happened to Barca before ?

Last year against Roma in the QF - won 4-1 at home, lost 3-0 in Rome and went out on away goals.

7 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Unlucky

I've got previous. 

In 2005, I was working in a sandwich bar in central Liverpool and had the usual back and forth with Liverpool fans. My shift finished at half-time in the final and I left a note on the board about it being 3-0...

The rest of that night still ranks as probably the most extraordinary sporting night of my life. There were grown men crying everywhere, I'm sure tonight will be similar. 

2 minutes ago, Niels said:

You were right. Well done. ?

The early goal and crowd were important.

Relief is the biggest emotion, really proud of the players for they way they fought for the shirt.

I don’t think there was any great insight on my part tbh - many would have said the same!  

I like it and hope it makes everyone believe that nothing is impossible whatever the odds.

Been a strange few hours - getting weirdly all worked up about FA Cup final tickets for Man City and then this!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1