Football

2 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Relief is the biggest emotion, really proud of the players for they way they fought for the shirt.

I don’t think there was any great insight on my part tbh - many would have said the same!  

I like it and hope it makes everyone believe that nothing is impossible whatever the odds.

Been a strange few hours - getting weirdly all worked up about FA Cup final tickets for Man City and then this!  

Nelson Mandela (It always seems impossible until it's done.)

• Like 1

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

3 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Relief is the biggest emotion, really proud of the players for they way they fought for the shirt.

I don’t think there was any great insight on my part tbh - many would have said the same!  

I like it and hope it makes everyone believe that nothing is impossible whatever the odds.

Been a strange few hours - getting weirdly all worked up about FA Cup final tickets for Man City and then this!  

It's very emotional football. I would have been very upset if the result had been different last night. 

I am glad you enjoyed it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonM said:

Last year against Roma in the QF - won 4-1 at home, lost 3-0 in Rome and went out on away goals.

Barca did it to PSG as well

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Wow just wow. Amazing result and the best Liverpool performance I’ve ever seen. Made up for Trent AA he’s been found out a few times in Europe this year but was absolutely magnificent tonight in attack and defense. As they all were to be fair. Just texted the brother in law who’s a season ticket holder to ask him if that was the best night ever at Anfield. 3-0 down against Barca no Salah or Firminio he gave his ticket to his lad. Doh. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Anyway, back to this general sale stuff.....

5 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Haha, funnily enough it seems much less important!

Vanishingly so, I suspect.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Liverpool v Barcelona - Football being as boringly predictable as usual, eh?

Flippin' 'eck!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cheeky git. ? 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 hours ago, DavidM said:

Well that’s one way of looking at it . His job is to score goals , but it  includes lots of cheating and unsavoury behaviour then on top of being good at football,  and has through his career. ‘ it’s all part of the game ‘ is why cheating has become so ingrained and accepted . He’s a good player but a very tarnished player through his own acts 

He didn’t quite do all of his job tonight, did he?

Oh dear, never mind, what a pity.

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 hours ago, Dave T said:

Anyway, back to this general sale stuff.....

You want madness? I’ll give you madness ...

A few pages back I mentioned that Hastings went out in their play off semi final. I also said that some teams wouldn’t even know whether they could go up but had play offs anyway.

Turns out, now that the play offs at this level have finished that three out of the four teams in Hastings division could not go up. Thankfully for everyone’s sanity, the one that could did win the play off. But that was only confirmed after the play off final.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Whoever's running the England women's social media needs a pay rise. Today, the Lionesses' squad announcements have been made one at a time by one big name after another. Starting with Prince William announcing Steph Houghton as Captain.

And then when all 23 were named, we got this:

God, I love a sports montage.

25 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Whoever's running the England women's social media needs a pay rise. Today, the Lionesses' squad announcements have been made one at a time by one big name after another. Starting with Prince William announcing Steph Houghton as Captain.

And then when all 23 were named, we got this:

God, I love a sports montage.

Especially the original Karate Kid montage!

5 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Wow I’m not sure if that’s not even more dramatic than Liverpool yesterday. 

I can't recall two semi-finals in any sport, at any level, reaching such levels of drama and disbelief. It really has been (in the words of David Coleman) 'quite remarkable'.

Edited by Northern Eel

15 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Wow... what a game. Two awesome semi finals. 

It's been an amazing 3 days of football.

I was pleased for Spurs as I like teams that haven't made the final before. However it was sad to see the disappointment for the Ajax players and crowd at the end. 

Fortunately I managed to watch on a stream tonight.

Still Sunday to cone this week also. 

2 minutes ago, Niels said:

It's been an amazing 3 days of football.

I was pleased for Spurs as I like teams that haven't made the final before. However it was sad to see the disappointment for the Ajax players and crowd at the end. 

Fortunately I managed to watch on a stream tonight.

Still Sunday to cone this week also. 

Arsenal v Chelsea in the other final?

• Like 1

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"