Football

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

In Azerbaijan , what a trip that'll be 

"Baku in the USSR"

• Haha 1

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Liverpool v Spurs & Arsenal v Chelsea

Sepp Blatter's worst nightmare.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

6 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Agreed. He will he seeing the scorers - Origi, Wijnaldum, Moura - and shitting himself that the Brits are coming.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

29 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Can you explain why?

Because England still gets to control football through IFAB.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

I don't think the continental teams can cope against the intensity of the English sides anymore.

Additionally the best managers are here whereas at one time they were the ones preventing the premier league clubs from winning. 

Also it's the first final for 6 years without Ronaldo or Messi. Without them at full ability the English pressing game is now very dominant. 

Edited by Niels

9 hours ago, Just Browny said:

Agreed. He will he seeing the scorers - Origi, Wijnaldum, Moura - and shitting himself that the Brits are coming.

He won't look that deep.  He'll just see 4 x Premier League teams.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

10 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

If any Rugby League Clubs are planning to play an evening game on June 1st, don't.

Is this cup 1/4 final w/e?

Yes, and 1895 cup - though I don't think any 1895 cup games will be on the 1st.

Great for the fans of the two clubs ...well the ones who can get the scarce allocation and afford the lovely flight price hikes and accommodation where needed . Footy fans sure do get fleeced top to bottom for their passionate support 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Great for the fans of the two clubs ...well the ones who can get the scarce allocation and afford the lovely flight price hikes and accommodation where needed . Footy fans sure do get fleeced top to bottom for their passionate support 

Kevin Cummins, photographer and Man City fan, was showing how easyJet have put their prices up from £130 to £700.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Kevin Cummins, photographer and Man City fan, was showing how easyJet have put their prices up from £130 to £700.

Aye , there was a guy talking about Ryanair having a 300% increase on return to Madrid 

I believe UEFA are playing both ends for the middle re: the dominance of the Premier League clubs in European competitions.

On one hand it is being decried as a bad development for club football, but on the other UEFA are preparing the ground for the prophecy of the European Super League as a means of competing for the non Premier League giants.

That in itself would be the new golden goose for UEFA, if the mechanics of it could ever be properly worked out.

Edited by Gerrumonside ref
  • Like 1

Any debate about dominance only seems to get threw out there when it’s english clubs mind . Spanish clubs have won 5 champions leagues in a row , two all Spanish finals . Seville and Atletico have farmed the UEFA Cup . Not much talk around that I heard then . Our clubs this year have just done superbly well on merit as others have underachieved despite pretty unlimited investment 

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Any debate about dominance only seems to get threw out there when it’s english clubs mind . Spanish clubs have won 5 champions leagues in a row , two all Spanish finals . Seville and Atletico have farmed the UEFA Cup . Not much talk around that I heard then . Our clubs this year have just done superbly well on merit as others have underachieved despite pretty unlimited investment 

I think you’re right and there’s definitely vested political interests at UEFA on this subject.

And there you have it gentlemen.  Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and (Eventually) Chelsea.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

Well done to all.

Now, on to Sunday. Nervous? Yes!

• Like 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

5 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Now, on to Sunday. Nervous? 

Yeah a bit! However I didn't think me playing in a 6-a-side Tournament, on the "hallowed" ground that is the County Ground, Swindon, would be worthy of a mention on this forum.

Thanks Tony for bringing it to everyone's attention. Or are you talking about something else? ?

• Haha 1
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

2 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Yeah a bit! However I didn't think me playing in a 6-a-side Tournament, on the "hallowed" ground that is the County Ground, Swindon, would be worthy of a mention on this forum.

Thanks Tony for bringing it to everyone's attention. Or are you talking about something else? ?

Good luck to you, too! Hope, for your sake, it doesn't go to extra time and penalties.

• Like 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I’ve just seen the UEFA Cup final is in Baku!  Well that’s a logical obvious choice , not . Looks like they’re gonna have a total nightmare getting there and it’s not noted for its human rights record or record on a few other things . But I think it’s got lots of oil dosh although I’m sure there’s no connection