Football

6 minutes ago, Damien said:

Which is completely irrelevant and completely ignored the level of competition in a particular season. It's sad that once proud fans are now trying to pretend to be happy with 2nd place.

I don’t think any Liverpool fan is happy with finishing 2nd. We are all however, incredibly proud of how the team have performed this year against an immense Man City side. Massive difference. 

• Like 3

I'm not a Liverpool fan but I'd rather finish in second than 6th, whilst being laughed at by Cardiff fans.  

• Haha 5

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

3 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Trying your best to live up to your name and no one is biting! ?

No one is biting because they’re all embarrassed and have nothing to come back with because all Ive used are facts. Liverpool are losers and their wait for a title now stretches to 30 years. Their fawning over Klopp highlights what a loser’s mentality has enveloped that club.

Edited by Mr Wind Up

13 hours ago, Niels said:

I really enjoyed the game today and the season. 

It was amazing how both teams kept winning. 

I think Manchester City won it because they realised first that every game, even tough away ones, had to be won. Liverpool seemed to settle for draws at Everton and Man Utd which at the time seemed sensible. However, incredibly, those were the last points dropped. 

Commisserations to Gerromonside ref who is always nice to me here.

Congratulations to Manchester City on winning the league.

I’m not sure I agree that it was won and lost against Everton and Manchester United, as we took 8 points out of 12 against those teams.

If anything, the decisive games were the head to head matches with Manchester City.

To be honest in a season where you accomplish a points total of 97, it is very hard to say that more could have been done with the squad that Liverpool have which I think is why Anfield gave them such a great ovation yesterday at the end.

Onwards now to the Champions League final.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

If anything, the decisive games were the head to head matches with Manchester City.

The difference, in who became Champions, was 11mm

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino
  • Like 1
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

7 hours ago, Mr Wind Up said:

No one is biting because they’re all embarrassed and have nothing to come back with because all Ive used are facts. Liverpool are losers and their wait for a title now stretches to 30 years. Their fawning over Klopp highlights what a loser’s mentality has enveloped that club.

This is quite likely to bite you on the a*se in less than 3 weeks.

18 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I'm not a Liverpool fan but I'd rather finish in second than 6th, whilst being laughed at by Cardiff fans.  

I have found some of the 'rivalries' fascinating this year. I lost any slight bit of respect I may have had for the Man Utd fans who wanted Man City to beat their own team just so Liverpool wouldn't win the league. 

All the while, these Man Utd fans are claiming some kind of moral high ground against the 'horrible scousers'.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I have found some of the 'rivalries' fascinating this year. I lost any slight bit of respect I may have had for the Man Utd fans who wanted Man City to beat their own team just so Liverpool wouldn't win the league. 

All the while, these Man Utd fans are claiming some kind of moral high ground against the 'horrible scousers'.

But United's real rivalry, for most fans, is with Liverpool and always has been.

I'm willing to bet that most would rather neither City or Liverpool had won the league yesterday but given the choice would reluctantly have gone for City.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

But United's real rivalry, for most fans, is with Liverpool and always has been.

I'm willing to bet that most would rather neither City or Liverpool had won the league yesterday but given the choice would reluctantly have gone for City.

Yes, I get that, but the pathetic bit is wanting your own team to lose just to hinder another team. There is never an excuse for that. Ever.

Just now, Dave T said:

Yes, I get that, but the pathetic bit is wanting your own team to lose just to hinder another team. There is never an excuse for that. Ever.

No, but you'll hear it a lot from fans of all teams when they got caught in that kind of situation. At least until the match kicks off.

I've never heard fans of any team not cheer as loudly once the game starts.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Credit to Man City and Liverpool - they have both been immense in the league this season. The last day was a bit dull though, because City were comfortable and there wasn't any relegation issues to be decided. I much prefer it when there is drama at both ends of the table.

I'm already excited about seeing how teams strengthen over the summer, and whether City and Liverpool will be quite so dominant next season.

Any early rumours about any big name players who might be joining the Premier League for next season?

A lot has been said about City's amazing 14 wins on the bounce at the end of the season (another record) but what is truly phenomenal is that, although they gained 44 points from the first half of the season (19 games), not bad, they've picked up 54 points out of a possible 57 in the second half, hardly believable!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mister Ting said:

Both teams were incredible. Has there ever been an English top flight runner-up who lost only one game before?

I can't remember this happening no. 

It is very unusual in Europe. The only one I can think of was Galatasaray who finished second in the Turkish league in 1986 without losing a game. 

There may be occasions in smaller leagues where there are only 2 top clubs but I cant think of any.