Football

How did I become a Villa fan, even though I come from Salford? When I was growing up in the 1960-70's everyone in Salford supported Man City, Man Utd, & Everton. They were/are all sheep, and I am no sheep, I rebelled by looking for an alternate club with history. After asking my teachers at school, they suggested Arsenal, Tottenham or Aston Villa. I searched a local library, and BINGO, I am Villa, then I looked them up in the Sunday papers to see where they were. Division 3, although close to top. When I used to do a paper round, there wasn't the wall-to-wall coverage of football matches, and I used to read which paper had the best Villa report & buy the paper & scrapbook the report. My Dad's family were City fans, My Mam's family were United fans, My Dad's Dad was born in Everton. 

I have been to 14 Football matches, 1/3 of them were free. another 1/3 were Villa matches.

Rebellion was also how, despite growing up within 400m of the Willows, I would walk 3 miles to Station Road to watch Swinton.

Now you start to understand the mentality of Bleep1673. 

7 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

How did I become a Villa fan, even though I come from Salford? When I was growing up in the 1960-70's everyone in Salford supported Man City, Man Utd, & Everton. They were/are all sheep, and I am no sheep, I rebelled by looking for an alternate club with history. After asking my teachers at school, they suggested Arsenal, Tottenham or Aston Villa. I searched a local library, and BINGO, I am Villa, then I looked them up in the Sunday papers to see where they were. Division 3, although close to top. When I used to do a paper round, there wasn't the wall-to-wall coverage of football matches, and I used to read which paper had the best Villa report & buy the paper & scrapbook the report. My Dad's family were City fans, My Mam's family were United fans, My Dad's Dad was born in Everton. 

I have been to 14 Football matches, 1/3 of them were free. another 1/3 were Villa matches.

Rebellion was also how, despite growing up within 400m of the Willows, I would walk 3 miles to Station Road to watch Swinton.

Mate, I'd worked out your mentality ages ago. Now you've just confirmed that you're barmy.

So, you can now post on here with confidence you're among like-minded friends.

• Haha 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

9 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

When my brother was at Leeds Uni, he used to travel to Swindon Town games by train. He regularly met a Town fan from Burnley. My brother assumed he had some family connection to Swindon. However the reason this Burnley lad supported Town was when he started collecting Panini stickers in the late 70's, the Town badge was in his first pack.

Town fan ever since! ?

• Thanks 1
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

15 hours ago, tonyXIII said:

Mate, I'd worked out your mentality ages ago. Now you've just confirmed that you're barmy.

So, you can now post on here with confidence you're among like-minded friends.

Blooming heck *Swear words deleted* mate, it has taken you this long to work out I have a mentality? Well done, no one else on this board -bored - has!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Arsenal are awful.

Terrible .... Monreal and the rest of those defenders ...deary me . And how much is Ozil on for wandering around doing zero most of the time . Poor culture poor quality poor attitude there awful recruitment . Ramsay is best out of it 

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I was amazed how many houses were decorated in LFC paraphanelia on the drive into Anfield....not just a flag or two but some were had lighting rigs and effergies etc....one looked like Rhys Williams ...Mo Salah I guess? 

It can't be! A very reputable sculptor assures me that Mo Salah looks exactly like this...

DrLJF6dXgAAcoso.jpg

• Haha 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson