Football

1 hour ago, Pen-Y-Bont Crusader said:

Linked to tat car jacking ?

Apparently?  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

On 03/08/2019 at 20:50, Bob8 said:

Swindon winning demeans the sport.

_20190810_184512.thumb.JPG.43f72b92ebbb25cdcaa0021c1ec90a0c.JPGSwindon Town continue to demean football by winning again with a very good performance. Only downside was it should never have been so close. We were so much better than a 1 goal win but a win's a win! ? 

_20190811_103949.JPG

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino
  • Like 1
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

11 hours ago, Liverpool Rover said:

This is surely the season when Leeds go up. I doubt Bielsa would want to spend a third season in the Championship and I can see him in the Premier League next season anyway, with or without Leeds.

It could be Leeds' year. 

4 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I thought the officiating team did well and the game flowed.

There seemed to be less of the usual shenanigans following decisions.

Hopefully they’ll get another chance.

Agreed...

Question marks about VAR at that Chelsea penalty though... jeez. Never touched him. Henderson actually questioned the interviewer at the end of the match on it.

1 hour ago, GeordieSaint said:

Agreed...

Question marks about VAR at that Chelsea penalty though... jeez. Never touched him. Henderson actually questioned the interviewer at the end of the match on it.

I thought Adrian cleared it up himself in the same interview by saying he told the referee there was contact, but it was accidental.

10 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Some bonus La Liga action live on ITV4 on the next three Friday nights:

This week - Athletic Bilbao vs Barcelona at 8pm

Chance to see the new look Catalan side after the summer transfers.

Actually it's a chance to see the new look side from Catalan play an actual Basque side. ?

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

Enough with your pitiful nonsense. Look on this work, ye puny, and despair.

Aber's got a new kit and it's almost back to our proper colours:

68967827_10157602215519452_2835681281633

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

The game was dull but WHAT A WINNING GOAL!!! 

Classic La Liga in many ways - a slow tempo possession based battle punctuated by moments of individual technical brilliance.

I also recorded and watched an undercooked Bayern Munich draw their first home match with Hertha Berlin 2-2 in the Bundesliga opener.

Must be a while since both European giants failed to win their first games of the season.

• Like 1

For entertainment guys I always watch good old British footy. Huddersfield vs Fulham was very entertaining, and Town are as useless now as last season. Seiwart sacked, one win in eighteen games. What took them so long? That's probably the end of their " lets hire a German second eleven coach" strategy. Nice to see the stadium with actually more people than empty seats too.

Edited by HawkMan

41 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

For entertainment guys I always watch good old British footy. Huddersfield vs Fulham was very entertaining, and Town are as useless now as last season. Seiwart sacked, one win in eighteen games. What took them so long? That's probably the end of their " lets hire a German second eleven coach" strategy. Nice to see the stadium with actually more people than empty seats too.

Didn’t a German coach get them their first promotion to the top flight for the first time in decades though?

It’s not surprising the Huddersfield board might have wanted to revisit their previous strategy of hiring talent from that country (although it hasn’t worked this time).

Wagner still has a decent reputation and is taking on a huge challenge this year as Schalke’s manager in Bundesliga.

I actually thought Huddersfield were unlucky to lose their best player to injury in Lewis Mooy last year, but their punt in the transfer market on striker Steve Mounie, who had done well in France, didn’t pay off.

Edited by Gerrumonside ref
  • Like 1

Daniel Farke has done alright . Every individual situation is different regardless of where they come from . Some work out some don’t . Personally I not convinced by Silva yet , this season is huge for him after the millions we’ve spent 

Agreed, Everton have great potential, the signing from Juve was a real coup. Makes you wonder why he chose Everton. Top six must be a realistic target, and a cup ?