Football

Photo essays are remarkably easy to do badly.

This guy seems incapable of doing that.

And here he is, taking in a Saturday afternoon at one of my Dad's regular haunts, Banbury United:

https://dbauckham.exposure.co/shaped-for-success

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

All fun at the Stade de France last night. 

The kick-off was delayed after they played the national anthem of Andorra instead of Albania.

The stadium announcer then apologised to Armenia for this error! ?

France went on to beat Algeria 2-0

• Haha 3

On 08/09/2019 at 10:00, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Next game France will offend countries beginning with the letter B. 

Football vs Sesame Street ?

That will give them the opportunity to mix Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma and Burundi , and may even play Banana boat song, "Day-oh".

Edited by Bleep1673

never understand why there are no domestic fixtures played when England are playing - this doesn't happen with state of origin- how many international stars play for league one and two clubs?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

3 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

never understand why there are no domestic fixtures played when England are playing - this doesn't happen with state of origin- how many international stars play for league one and two clubs?

They did play

53 minutes ago, DavidM said:

They did play

There was a full programme in every league aside from the Premiership and Championship, as well as it being the First Qualifying Round (Round Three, as I have to explain to my son is not called that despite it being that) of the FA Cup.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Good game at the Saffrons on Sunday as Eastbourne Town Women beat Whyteleafe 2-1 in a League Cup group stage fixture.

Words and photos here: https://jonsmalldon.wordpress.com/2019/09/09/at-the-match-eastbourne-town-women-v-whyteleafe-women/

• Like 1

They did it, AT LAST.

After 882 days, and 74 games Fort William finally won a League game 1-0 at home to Clachnacuddin. In August they won a North of Scotland Cup game 5-2 v Nairn after 840 days without any kind of win. They are on a roll now. OK, admittedly the FWFC team that won had 9 players on loan from Inverness Caledonian Thistle, but a win is a win, 12th April 2017 was their last League win

Edited by Bleep1673
  • Like 1

A few days ago was the 50th anniversary of Swindon Town beating AS Roma 4-0 (5-2 on aggregate) at The County Ground to win the League Cup Winners Cup. 

_20190913_060540.JPG

The competition was created by the Football League, and their Italian counterparts, because, under league rules, 3rd Division Swindon were not allowed to enter the Fairs Cup (Europa League) after their League Cup win over Arsenal. 

The Italian FA were so impressed with Swindon's performance against Roma, the Anglo Italian Cup was created. Swindon won that too, beating Juventus twice (1-0 in Turin and 4-0 at home) on the way to the Final in Naples. Swindon beat Napoli 3-0 to lift the trophy.

_20190913_060746.JPG

Five months after the Napoli win, I was born and Swindon Town have never graced such heights again.

Possible connection? ?

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino
  • Haha 1
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

12 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

A few days ago was the 50th anniversary of Swindon Town beating AS Roma 4-0 (5-2 on aggregate) at The County Ground to win the League Cup Winners Cup. 

_20190913_060540.JPG

The competition was created by the Football League, and their Italian counterparts, because, under league rules, 3rd Division Swindon were not allowed to enter the Fairs Cup (Europa League) after their League Cup win over Arsenal. 

The Italian FA were so impressed with Swindon's performance against Roma, the Anglo Italian Cup was created. Swindon won that too, beating Juventus twice (1-0 in Turin and 4-0 at home) on the way to the Final in Naples. Swindon beat Napoli 3-0 to lift the trophy.

_20190913_060746.JPG

Five months after the Napoli win, I was born and Swindon Town have never graced such heights again.

Possible connection? ?

Swindon beat Roma ,Juve and Napoli ? Are you sure you didn’t just dream that pal?

6 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

I hate Tuesday night games! 

Four Tuesday games, four defeats. 

Unbeaten on all other days! 

I suppose I should tag @Bob8 for this as well. ?

No need. I am satisfied that Oxford are doing much better. 

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

So far this season

Swindon Town  on Saturdays

Played 7, Won 5, Draw 2, Lost 0

Goals scored 17, goals conceded 7

Swindon Town on Tuesdays

Played 4, Lost 4

Goals scored 2, Goals conceded 10

Only Saturday games from now on please 

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino
2014 Challenged Cup Winner