Swindon Town  on Saturdays

Played 7, Won 5, Draw 2, Lost 0

Goals scored 17, goals conceded 7

Swindon Town on Tuesdays

Played 4, Lost 4

Goals scored 2, Goals conceded 10

Only Saturday games from now on please 

It's an interesting division to follow.

I look for Morecambe's results each week as I tend to like teams that always struggle, especially if they keep managing to survive. 

As a Tottenham fan, I'm fearing the worst after Man Utd defeat. How long will Ole last? Will Pochetino go.if Solskaer is sacked.?

900 million spent since Sir Alex left!! How do you spend that amount and end up.with such dross.

19 hours ago, HawkMan said:

As a Tottenham fan, I'm fearing the worst after Man Utd defeat. How long will Ole last? Will Pochetino go.if Solskaer is sacked.?

900 million spent since Sir Alex left!! How do you spend that amount and end up.with such dross.

They were too keen to appoint Solskjaer in the first place - caretaker managers have little pressure.

Still no Director of football in place.

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

47 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

have only ever heard of one arsenal player in tonites game, having said that I wouldn't know him if he walked up to me, alarming even for me!

Charlie George retired a few years back.

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

Harry Maguire left Leicester for Man Utd  , they are now on the trail of James Maddison , Leicester have a fighting chance of finishing in the top 4 this year  , why would any body with half a brain leave to go to Utd ?    (or is it just for the  money ?) . It certainly can`t be for a chance to win trophies .

12 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Harry Maguire left Leicester for Man Utd  , they are now on the trail of James Maddison , Leicester have a fighting chance of finishing in the top 4 this year  , why would any body with half a brain leave to go to Utd ?    (or is it just for the  money ?) . It certainly can`t be for a chance to win trophies .

Agreed, I'm 59 and this is the worst Man U team I can remember, not counting obviously the relegation team of 72 I think it was. It's absolutely bloody hilarious! What they really need is Roy Keane as manager, but please DON'T TAKE OUR POCHETTINO.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

...and UEFA will do nothing. If it was England fans however...

Too true! I can't help but feel that had the England players not gone back out for the 2nd half UEFAs hand may have been forced into some kind of meaningful action. The flip side of me says that meaningful action would probably have been to sanction England.......UEFA/FIFA are no more than a corrupt busted flush!

6 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

...and UEFA will do nothing. If it was England fans however...

Absolutely ... and guess what . You’ll be shocked to discover UEFA have charged Bulgaria ... and the English FA . The much reported vile behaviour for the former , and us for , err , interrupting the national anthem ( something you never see anywhere of course ) and , err , taking insufficient travelling stewards contrary to UEFA article 24

Turns out, there is crowd racism in the UK.  Who knew?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

What baffles me is that it just seems to be our players that are subjected to this abuse . France have just as many black players as us but do they not receive the same treatment , or does it not reach the British press ?

It doesn't reach the British press, I guess, but a quick Google brought this up: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/15/sports/soccer/france-soccer-racism.html

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

What baffles me is that it just seems to be our players that are subjected to this abuse . France have just as many black players as us but do they not receive the same treatment , or does it not reach the British press ?

Perhaps they just hate the Brits.........

21 hours ago, ivans82 said:

It doesn’t reach the British press.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Here is a totally useless football fact. Well, it's totally useless if you're not a Swindon Town fan, which I suspect most of you aren't. 

Yesterday Eoin Doyle scored the 26th hat-trick, by a Swindon Town player away from home, since the war.

In that same period, only eight opposition players have scored hat-tricks at the County Ground. 

Since 1962/63, there have only been 3 hat-tricks scored, by opposition players, at the County Ground, whereas Town players have scored 19, on the road! ? 

2014 Challenged Cup Winner