Football

2 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

FA Cup 1st Round this weekend, Blackpool v Morecambe looks like a tasty derby.

as tasty as those muscles? (private joke between me and bleep)

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

10 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Great stat! 

Today’s win at Salford City means Swindon Town are the only team in the Football League to have beaten all 91 fellow members of the top four tiers. ?

I like that one!

I've checked - because I'm that sad - and if Bromley and Barrow come up then you're fine because you've played and beaten them. Halifax Town you can pretend are the same as the old Halifax Town. But you've never played Solihull Moors and they're third at the minute...

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I like that one!

I've checked - because I'm that sad - and if Bromley and Barrow come up then you're fine because you've played and beaten them. Halifax Town you can pretend are the same as the old Halifax Town. But you've never played Solihull Moors and they're third at the minute...

You have too much time on your hands ?

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

3 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

You have too much time on your hands ?

There's a really quick link on 11v11 so it's not actually that hard when you're only checking the teams at the top of the division below.

But, yes, also that.

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Had a quick look at the Euro play off structure . Now my head hurts . Deary me how to make things as unintelligible as possible ... And Scotland already had a play off through beating Albania and Israel in the nations league ( you may have missed those games ) . So I’m thinking what’s the point of playing a year of qualifiers then ? Im sure I’m thick and it’s all been superbly worked out but boy they don’t help themselves in how people perceive it ! And then we get to the laudable initiative of spreading games round in the tournament itself , but my brain cell couldn’t absorb how that works in the same thinking session 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/19692/11860009/euro-2020-play-offs-all-you-need-to-know

Edited by DavidM

10 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Had a quick look at the Euro play off structure . Now my head hurts . Deary me how to make things as unintelligible as possible ... And Scotland already had a play off through beating Albania and Israel in the nations league ( you may have missed those games ) . So I’m thinking what’s the point of playing a year of qualifiers then ? Im sure I’m thick and it’s all been superbly worked out but boy they don’t help themselves in how people perceive it ! And then we get to the laudable initiative of spreading games round in the tournament itself , but my brain cell couldn’t absorb how that works in the same thinking session 

It's a doddle, don't know what you're talking about … https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2020_qualifying#Format

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

….........… and Pochettino goes. Pathetic.

I doubt he'll be short of offers. In fact, he'll probably do better out of this daft decision than Spurs will.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

This appointment says more about Mourinho than Tottenham. His people must have put feelers out about Bayern, Real or other potential giants, and got nothing back. His reputation definitely damaged after United, despite winning two mediocre trophies. So now Tottenham is his best bet. If he waited a month or so I think Emery might be gone, and that would be better for him.

• 2 weeks later...