Football

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

That euro group draw looks  kind ... or it did until they let it be known our pair up for the knockouts is with the group of death 

It won't be a problem. They'll all be dead. ?

• Like 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Does anyone at Arsenal really know what they are doing ? Still got Brighton half time/full time so  thanks once again . Didn`t even know Ozil was playing until i noticed him walking off the pitch at the end , after pocketing  another few hundred thousand  for very little .

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Serie A take their own "unique" approach to their NO TO RACISM poster ?

191216161757-serie-a-anti-racism-campaign-large-169.jpg

It hasn't exactly gone down well, has it?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

I’ve just sat through the whole of Everton and Arsenal and feel that must be worth some kind of award . To say it was one of the worst games ever would be an understatement 

Looking forward to seeing your name in the New Year's Honours List ?

• Haha 1
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

I’ve just sat through the whole of Everton and Arsenal and feel that must be worth some kind of award . To say it was one of the worst games ever would be an understatement 

I had Radio 5 on for part of the duration of that game earlier today. To their credit, nobody tried to talk it up. It sounded grim.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

19 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Looking forward to seeing your name in the New Year's Honours List ?

Failing that, a Darwin Award. :kolobok_wink:

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Racism  reared it`s ugly head again yesterday but that`s not the full picture with football fans .Game after game you see a disputed throw in given and the front half dozen rows of fans stand up and hurl abuse at the linesman/away player involved . Corners are the same with the odd hand gesture and missile thrown at nearly every away corner taker .It`s not just racism it`s what is and is not acceptable as suitable behaviour towards players or officials of any race or colour .

9 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Racism  reared it`s ugly head again yesterday but that`s not the full picture with football fans .Game after game you see a disputed throw in given and the front half dozen rows of fans stand up and hurl abuse at the linesman/away player involved . Corners are the same with the odd hand gesture and missile thrown at nearly every away corner taker .It`s not just racism it`s what is and is not acceptable as suitable behaviour towards players or officials of any race or colour .

maybe players should have their bank statements printed on the back of their shirts 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

38 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Indeed , there’s a whole university course on how people change nature in a crowd , or football crowd anyway .As for racism and bigotry , I don’t think it’s a new issue but a new attitude that it’s getting called out now , and of zero tolerance . 

Edited by DavidM

4 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

maybe players should have their bank statements printed on the back of their shirts 

How much does someone have to earn a week before someone's allowed to make monkey noises at them?

• Like 4

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

All I want for Christmas (well, January) is to sign the Ginger Pele...

_20191026_175350.JPG

...as, partly, thanks to his 21 goals so far, including 14 in his run of scoring in 10 consecutive games (hopefully 11 consecutive on Boxing Day), I can say...

PhotoGrid_1575844883207.jpg

Let's just say, so far, this has been a good season! ? 

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

On ‎24‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 09:28, DavidM said:

5 or 10 minute sinbin for foul mouthed dissent would be good . Do it twice and you’re off

Like a lot in football, it's somewhat botched at the minute but I think it's having an effect. It doesn't tie in properly to cards at the minute so there's a few things that need sorting before it moves up the pyramid.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)