Football

9 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

City banned from Chamions league for two years, due to breaking FFP Rules,

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/14/manchester-city-banned-from-champions-league-two-seasons-ffp-uefa

The rumours of financial doping at Manchester City have long been around so it does not surprise me that some evidence has been found of internal emails confirming this intention.

What should forever shame the club though is their reaction via an internal memo following the death of a 73 year old member of UEFA’s investigation committee of “1 down, 6 to go”.

That for me is an absolutely disgusting and vile response for a senior Manchester City club official to make about the death of a human being.

Edited by Gerrumonside ref

3 hours ago, longboard said:

Man City not abiding by the financial fair play rules? Knock me down with a feather; a feather sponsored by City's special feather partner of course.

We'll know UEFA are serious if they go after PSG

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

35 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

And of course Real Madrid stick rigidly to rules , nothing to see there !

Who owns them? The obvious ones are the ones where money is being scrubbed clean and/or sponsorships are only on the balance sheet to cover up a deficit. I don’t know if Real come under either.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

Who owns them? The obvious ones are the ones where money is being scrubbed clean and/or sponsorships are only on the balance sheet to cover up a deficit. I don’t know if Real come under either.

There have been dodgy goings on in the past with Real Madrid. A few years ago the Madrid council/government changed the planning rules for their city centre training ground. Allowing them to sell the land for 100s of £m. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

The rumours of financial doping at Manchester City have long been around so it does not surprise me that some evidence has been found of internal emails confirming this intention.

What should forever shame the club though is their reaction via an internal memo following the death of a 73 year old member of UEFA’s investigation committee of “1 down, 6 to go”.

That for me is an absolutely disgusting and vile response for a senior Manchester City club official to make about the death of a human being.

I dont think it is fair to judge a club and supporters by the actions of one person, even if they are an official.

I dont think Liverpool fans have any room for criticism either. The stoning and attack on the Manchester City bus could have killed people and to me that warranted a ban far more.

Edited by Niels
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Niels said:

I dont think it is fair to judge a club and supporters by the actions of one person, even if they are an official.

I dont think Liverpool fans have any room for criticism either. 

So you agree that no apology should be made by Manchester City football club when an internal email by a senior club official celebrates the death of somebody investigating their club?

It’s despicable behaviour and is being viewed as such by pretty much all who are reporting it.

We’re not talking about some of the vile stuff posted by supporters on social media here.

Edited by Gerrumonside ref

19 minutes ago, Niels said:

I dont think Liverpool fans have any room for criticism either. The stoning and attack on the Manchester City bus could have killed people and to me that warranted a ban far more.

Interestingly in that example Liverpool FC apologised and offered assistance to the authorities to ensure those responsible could be prosecuted.

This seems to run contrary to all Manchester City Football Club’s actions concerning this internal email where one senior official feels okay enough in that culture to write “1 down, 6 to go” upon reacting to news of the actual death of somebody investigating their club.

Is there a reason why Manchester City FC are unable to apologise?

• ckn locked this topic
  • ckn unlocked this topic

Villa have to concentrate until the final whistle in each half. I have lost count of the number of extra time goals we have allowed, which turn out to be winners, same again today, Spurs score in 45+2 & 90+4, admittedly both scored by a very good player, but Villa let themselves down again.

17 hours ago, DavidM said:

Forget VAR , after this god knows where you go . This wasn’t serious foul play ....

Except apparently it was. The FA putting out a thing saying it met all the requirements for a red card but *waves hand vaguely* ...

I don't understand how they're getting this so badly wrong.