Football

36 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

'Allo 'Allo, ze  manageeer of ze  Bayern Munich iss  Herr Flick.

They got lucky yesterday to win at the end, but you’d have to say Flick has had a brilliant effect on Bayern generally.

At full strength they’re looking very fluid going forwards.

Not sure if they’ll win the big prize at the end of the season (the Champions League, not the fallen Madonna with the big boobies!).

• Like 1

Ja!  Ja!  Ja!

VfB Stuttgart totally fluffed their lines against Karlsruhe today and lost 2-1.

This means Hamburg stay in second in Bundesliga 2. in the automatic promotion spot.

Stuttgart were heavy favourites today and the battle for promotion goes on with three games left with Hamburg one point clear.

BT Sport appear to have added the Turkish League to their schedule. Currently I have Besiktas versus a team who aren’t Besiktas on in the background.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

15 hours ago, gingerjon said:

BT Sport appear to have added the Turkish League to their schedule. Currently I have Besiktas versus a team who aren’t Besiktas on in the background.

Yes and this season it looks unlikely that any of the big three (Galatasaray, Besiktas or Fenerbahce) will win the Super Lig in Turkey with 7 games left.

Currently Istanbul Basaksehir and Trabzonspor are tied at the top on 56 points with Galatasaray in third on 50pts.

In two weeks time, Istanbul Basaksehir play Galatasaray in a massive game that I assume BT Sport will show live (they say they’re showing up to 3 games a week).

1278D58E-E484-41FE-AC3A-FCFECE7A459D.jpeg

Edited by Gerrumonside ref
  • Like 1

With the Premier League back thought I'd give my predictions on top and bottom. 

Top Four; 1 Liverpool  , 2 Man City, 3 Chelsea, 4 Man U.  Sorry no Leicester 

Relegated Norwich,  Bournemouth  and Brighton.

Promoted,  Leeds,  West Brom and Fulham and Brentford in an all London play off final. Like to see Brentford go up.

Edited by HawkMan

1 hour ago, HawkMan said:

With the Premier League back thought I'd give my predictions on top and bottom. 

Top Four; 1 Liverpool  , 2 Man City, 3 Chelsea, 4 Man U.  Sorry no Leicester 

Relegated Norwich,  Bournemouth  and Brighton.

Promoted,  Leeds,  West Brom and Fulham and Brentford in an all London play off final. Like to see Brentford go up.

You’d think the packed schedule will favour the teams with the stronger squads even more than usual, so it’s not a bad shout.

The Championship is really interesting particularly the battle for the automatic spots where Fulham seem to have the toughest run in.  I can see the playoff places coming down to the last day too with so many in the mix.

My prediction:

1st Liverpool (Champions)

2nd Man City

3rd Man Utd

4th Leicester City

———————-

18th AFC Bournemouth

19th Brighton & Hove Albion

20th Norwich City 

Championship:

1st Leeds Utd

2nd West Bromwich Albion

3rd Brentford

4th Nottingham Forest 

5th Fulham

6th Blackburn Rovers

I’d like to see Leeds promoted . They bombed out last year but they’re a club that should be in the PL . West Brom I’m not fussed , they just go up and down . Brentford would be a great achievement , they get players took , managers took but still hang in there and play good football

One thing I have *noticed during these lockdown games is it seems the home sides aren't getting all of the same decisions they used to as fans are, obviously, unable to "influence" the ref at the moment. 

*I have no idea if this is true but it feels that way. 

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

11 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

One thing I have *noticed during these lockdown games is it seems the home sides aren't getting all of the same decisions they used to as fans are, obviously, unable to "influence" the ref at the moment. 

*I have no idea if this is true but it feels that way. 

They’re saying if you take the German football for example that the home advantage is not as pronounced as normal probably for the reasons you give.

Also the ball is in play longer now.

Admittedly it’s a small sample size for now.

• 2 weeks later...

S41t, another awful performance by Villa when will they learn, they should have sacked Smith in January put a decent manager in place, and saved the club from relegation. Smith can't do anything now, Villa can't score, can't defend, and are about as bad as they ever were, nearly.

13 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

A richly deserved title for Liverpool FC

Congratulations to them they fully merit it.

Can’t wait for the guard of honour in Manchester now!  Haha 

I am pleased for you as you are a great poster and a very knowledgeable football fan. ?

Edited by Niels
Spelling
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Griff9of13 said:

Liverpool win Premier League

Been a long time coming. 

Given how good City genuinely are, it just shows what a strong and consistent side Liverpool have become. One of the best ever teams to win the title, in my opinion.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Given how good City genuinely are, it just shows what a strong and consistent side Liverpool have become. One of the best ever teams to win the title, in my opinion.

To finish that far ahead of a team of Manchester City's quality just shows what Klopp has done to Liverpool. Well-deserved and, let's face it, about time they delivered on the promise from all those nearly years.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

That Man City team stacked with talent has under achieved this year , 8 losses already . You look at what they did last year . Liverpool have carried that on but City have been way off . On point it may not have been enough but them slipping has really emphasised the gap in points 

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

That Man City team stacked with talent has under achieved this year , 8 losses already . You look at what they did last year . Liverpool have carried that on but City have been way off . On point it may not have been enough but them slipping has really emphasised the gap in points 

I think you’re doing Liverpool out of some credit there.

Manchester City are still favourites to win the Champions League, but they’ve been blown out of the water by Liverpool’s relentless attitude this year.

But I do recognise for Evertonians this is a terrible, terrible day ?

16 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I think you’re doing Liverpool out of some credit there.

Manchester City are still favourites to win the Champions League, but they’ve been blown out of the water by Liverpool’s relentless attitude this year.

But I do recognise for Evertonians this is a terrible, terrible day ?

I knew that would come !!  Teensy bit  unfair . All I said was right . I take nothing away from Liverpool , I said that - I give them credit ?. Man City may not have won anyway but it’s indisputable  they fell away this year to make the margin so big . They’ve underachieved on the levels theyve been at in the Prem . They got 198 points in two seasons . That’s all . Anyway enjoy it , Carlo gets his top targets this summer and the whole football landscape changes ... 

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 1